1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Megaworks THX 2.1 250D

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Stellavision, Apr 29, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I am in the market for a new set of 2.1 PC speakers. The two that have currently got my eye is the Creative Megaworks THX 2.1 250D and the Creative Inspire 2.1 2800 Digital. The Megaworks has an 8" diver in the sub and boasts a 300 watt Bash amp as found in entry level SVS subwoofers so I have high expectations of it.
    I could also easily settle for something less powerful, ie. the Creative Inspire 2.1 2800 Digital as my pc is also plugged into my AV system.
    However, I have not found any positive reviews on these speakers. Has anyone had any experience with any of these or maybe a better suggestion. It has to be 2.1 and I am looking at a max of around £100.

2. GJC

GJC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    PC duties only - I have just purchased a set of Logitech Z2200 - THX speakers, I wouldnt pay too much attention to watts Rms etc, as its all condusive to speaker load, enclosure etc....

I can tell you that these 2.1 go loud and are very clear and there are some rave reviews of them on the net, just search Google.

Excellent for gaming and the odd dvd flick too.

I have'nt heard the Creative's.

---

Previously owned Altec Lansing - many varieties.

Kind Regards,

GJC