Megane Stalk Control Adaptor

Discussion in 'Portable Disc & Media Players & Recorders' started by eddiekidd, Aug 8, 2004.

1. eddiekidd

eddiekidd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I'm having some fun trying to fit an adaptor for my stalk controls in a 98 Megane. The head unit I've just fitted is a JVC KD-G402 and I bought a 28-602 adaptor for the stalk control made by incartec.co.uk.
    Has anyone out there know of anything I should be aware of when trying to fit this? The install instructions I have are very brief and just say that the six wires need to be soldered to their matching colours on the wiring loom.
    Well I'm assuming I want to connect up to the third plug (not the ISO connectors) that came out of the back of the original unit but that only has five wires on it. I've hooked them up and taken power from the fag lighter socket but still no joy.
    I'll grab some photos if I'm still struggling with it but was just wondering if anyone has installed one themselves and if they had to do anything special to get it working

cheers,

EK.

2. G1OSE

G1OSE
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    try
    www.coupe-club.co.uk
    for more help with meganes
    sorry i cant be of more help as i am aware only sony pioneer and kenwood make clip on wire looms

3. alad

alad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used to have a Megane and tried to fit a control for my Kenwood MP3 player about a year ago - From memory there are 2 different adapters (as I found out to my cost) with slightly different numbers - one has 5 connectors and the other 6 - I would say that you have the wrong one - ps if anyone wants the one I have that doesn't fit anything now (ive got an MG now and don't have any stick control) make me an offer - I paid about £80 for it and its never been used. If anyones interested i'll dig it out and post the model number etc.