Meg v kbps - any advice?

bitofatit

Hi,
I'm useless with all this - hence my question.
I signed up with talktalk broadband ages ao. In fact they said I would get "up to 8 Meg" when my local exchange had LLU. All of this time the IE message box (bottom left), when I logged on, would say 2.1 or 2.3 Meg when I was initially connected.

[I was supposed to be converted on 21 Dec last year and it has only just occurred now].

Last week a leeter from TT says I'm to be upgrades. So far so good. But the icon on connection now says 393.2 kbps.
Whats all that about? It don't seem any faster to me?

Thanks

BoaT

sore napper

Hi,
I'm useless with all this - hence my question.
I signed up with talktalk broadband ages ao. In fact they said I would get "up to 8 Meg" when my local exchange had LLU. All of this time the IE message box (bottom left), when I logged on, would say 2.1 or 2.3 Meg when I was initially connected.

[I was supposed to be converted on 21 Dec last year and it has only just occurred now].

Last week a leeter from TT says I'm to be upgrades. So far so good. But the icon on connection now says 393.2 kbps.
Whats all that about? It don't seem any faster to me?

Thanks

BoaT

You're best to run a speed test.

speedtester.bt.com

speedtest.net

393.2 kbps is slow for your connection, if thats what it is.

bitofatit

Thx, I have confirmed that he upload speed is 353 and downoad 393 kbps. how does this help me?
regards
BoaT

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom