Meet the Fockers in production (sequel to Meet the Parents)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Squirrel God, Dec 21, 2002.

1. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.upcomingmovies.com/meet-the-fockers.html

Having given permission to male nurse Greg Focker (Stiller) to wed his daughter (Polo), ex-CIA man Jack Byrnes (De Niro) and his wife (Danner) travel to Detroit to "meet the parents", who this time around are Mr. and Mrs. Focker, who are as different from them as can be. As asked in the first movie, what sort of people name their son Gay M. Focker? :D

No doubt James45 will complain again about De Niro doing all these crap films :rolleyes: ;) :D :p

Seems to be much controversy over the spelling of the title of the sequel. IMDB report it as "Meet the Fockers", the link above says that it will in fact be "Meet the Fokkers" as they were worried about being only one letter away from a swear word. They'd probably be horrified at Father Ted in that case :p

Personally, I can't wait for this! It's expected 2003 according to IMDB, and 2004 according to the link above. Stiller's great, De Niro's great and I thought they were superb together in Meet the Parents.

I'll be milking cats in the meantime ;) :D

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +576
    I really liked the first film too. And recall a near law suit at the cat scene as my beer went lung-ward:mad: :D It would seem appropriate for Me, Myself and Irene to get a second outing as the two hang together great.
    Stiller and the stallion De Niro go well together. Teri Polo is always money - I loved her as the Serpent High Priestess in Brimstone.
    Sequals always fill me with fear but I'd hope plenty of thought went into the up-coming outing and it doesn't overly hang on the theme of Stiller's namesake.