Meedio + SlimServer Plugin.... Anyone Interested ?

catdna

Standard Member
Hi All

For the past month or so, I've been coding a SlimServer plugin for Meedio - this allows you to control SqueezeBoxes / WinAmp / Foobar / Whatever player(s) you may have connected to your SlimServer software.

I wrote this because I wasn't satisfied with the audio quality of Meedio when playing music (and the SqueezeBox is a damn fine piece of audio equipment).

Is anyone interested in trying this out (to help me iron out any bugs / come up with suggestions / feature requests etc) ?

Sample screens :

Main Screen / Server Info

Now Playing

Browse albums

Requirements:

Meedio (obviously ;-))
SlimServer 6.2.1 - probably won't work on earlier / newer (beta) releases
A SqueezeBox / Winamp / Foobar / Any meedia player capable of playing an mp3 stream (think: shoutcast).

Installation / Setup is pretty simple - just install the plugin, add it as a module, fill in the config options and off you go :)

Of course, it'd be nice to hear of any feedback here.

It's going to be a free plugin for meedio, and hopefully (if I ever get time), the way I've designed it should make it easy to create a front-end for MCE2005 (if I ever get around to installing it / learning the API).

So, if anyone want's to try it out, reply here (or better yet, PM me) and I'll point you to the setup program to try it out.

Cheers

Chris

memmerson

Hi Chris,

your plugin looks great and I'm definitely interested in trying it out. I don't actually have a Squeezebox at the moment but I've been thinking about getting a couple as Slim are knocking $100 off a pair before end of March.

deksawyer

Now, if you could do this for MCE you'd be on to a winner!:smashin:

D.

catdna

Standard Member
deksawyer said:
Now, if you could do this for MCE you'd be on to a winner!:smashin:

D.
It should be quite easy (in theory) as the 'guts' of this code are all in C# - it should really just be a case of plugging in / writing a new front end for MCE.

But of course, I don't use MCE :D

When I've got it stable enough (and I find time / a spare machine to sacrifice to MCE), I may just give it a go.

Cheers

Chris

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom