1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medium - New US drama on BBC1

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Battle, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +903
    This new US import starts on BBC1 tonight (Tuesday 6.9.05) at 23.05 hrs.

I havnt seen a single advert from the Beeb for this new series, staring Patricia Arquette, but it looks intriguing and I think is certainly worth a view.

2. Mindcrime

Mindcrime

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +119
    I can highly recommend this. The series finished quite a while ago over here in Canada, I think we're on our 3rd re-run already. The story lines are good and some of them are even quite intriguing. Pat's acting can be a little lacking at times, though I don't think she has ever been that great anyway, but the supporting cast bring it all together, especially her ever increasingly befuddled hubby, Jake Weber! Enjoy as there isn't one real weak episode. I can't understand why they are showing it so late, though, it not especially gruesome or scary. It did real well over here, maybe the Beeb don't hold out much hope for it?

3. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Battle for mentioning this. I had overlooked this in the Radio Times. The Beeb seem to promote the awful programmes and let others go unnoticed. I notice it is now in today's choices in the R.T. but as I was out all day I hadn't looked. I shall be watching!

4. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Mindcrime,

Thank you for the great recommendation. I have now set it to record on my Sky+ planner although I will try to watch it at the same time. The synopsis of the programme in my weekly tv paper doesn't mention it's a series. I am pleased to see you mention that it is as I prefer a series with individual storylines rather than a serial; missing an episode of a serial can be crucial to the whole story.

Anything with a medium or seance in is always excitingly scary to me. I'm expecting goosebumps!

5. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +903
    Well that was a very pleasant surprise - very enjoyable - a balanced mix of thrills chills and humour, lets just hope it stays at the same level.

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    I missed this thread last night and happened to catch this by accident(I was too bone to get up and put a disc in the player).

I didn't recognise Patricia Arquette. Just how old and haggard does she look? She's definately not going to age as well as Rosanna.

Not a bad series from the looks of things but I probably won't watch every episode as it seems far to similar to the series that follows it on Ch5(Dead Zone).

7. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    After a shaky start (some of the exposition dialogue in the first five mins was just terrible - especially the husband's line about being a rocket scientist), I thought the show recovered well...and I was surprisingly entertained.

I thought Patricia Arquette was well-cast, and I like Jake Webber more every time I see him (although someone needs to tell him he needs a haircut).

I particularly liked the scenes where Allison's 'insights' were dismissed or ignored and her building sense of frustration; in fact, I wish the show had been longer so that the tension that was arising during these scenes could had been allowed to play out some more.

Certainly a lot more entertaining than Lost, in my book.

8. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Two episodes in and I'm really starting to enjoy this show.

Not a lot really happened in last night's episode (which again seemed a little rushed at the end), but I like the slow build. Main charaters are shaping up nicely, and some of the little exchanges between Allison and her hubby as well as her boss were nicely played.

Let's hope they can resist the temptation of placing her in mortal danger (well, for a while at least)...it's refreshing to 'see' a crime procedural from this (slightly skewed) angle.

Anyone else a fan?

9. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +903
    Oh yes, the scene in bed where she wakes up screaming, hubby and the daughter response was excellent.

"Mommy, stop doing that"

10. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not :confused:

11. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +903
    no - not sarcastic - i did think it was very good

12. Pezerinno

Pezerinno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    sorry if I sounded like I was having a go, I just couldn't quite work out if you were or not.

I'm still suprised its not on earlier but am enjoying it so far!

13. blackmaverick

blackmaverick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I missed it this week, does anyone know if it is repeated on before the next episode?

Thx