1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medium & Carnivale season 2

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by pjclark1, Jan 12, 2005.

1. pjclark1

pjclark1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Medium
    A housewife sees dead people, talks to them and can predict the future. Just started in america, 2 episodes out so far. I download and watched them and they seem quite good.

Carnivale season 2
    The fight between good and evil continues, 1 episode broadcast so far but not as good as the last season, I hope tis gets better as season 1 was really good.

Yes I know, I shouldn't download them, but I can't wait and promise to have my tv set switched on to them when they are broadcast in the UK, even tho I won't be watching it. So that should make it OK.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I did enjoy Medium (read that scifi have bought it) and been waiting ages for the second season of Carnivale:)

3. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just finished watching the first season just the other day as FX289 repeated all 12 episodes, two episodes per night for six days. It's a pretty good series albeit a very short season! I'm left craving more but feel like I've only watched half a season. I feel as if not enough happened because so much of the time was spent on the actual "carnivale" depression era drama rather than the supernatural, good versus evil storyline. It's a great drama as you would expect from HBO but I feel like they should be more episodes per season .

I think this is one to watch perhaps once every episode has been filmed and the series is over, then you can watch without the six months to a year gap between seasons, which seems much too long to wait for only another 13 episodes for the second season.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Thirst,

Almost every HBO drama series that they make, e.g. The Sopranos, Deadwood, Carnivale, Oz, et al, are always no more than 13 episodes per season. Simply put, it's because HBO are an own-run US cable company, so they have to provide their own funding, and most of their profit comes from overseas sales. Obviously, because a lot of their stuff is adult-oriented material, their sales tend to be in the West/Europe.

Also, the costs of making these shows, is very high! You'll simply have to rely on the 13 episodes (or so), that each show gets I'm afraid. :)

Pooch

5. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I know that HBO usually show 13 episodes seasons, or thereabouts as I have been following Oz and the sopranos since the beginning. Unlike those shows I feel carnivale really needs a traditional US 22 episodes season rather than HBO standard.

Admittedly as much as I enjoyed the sopranos I was never really addicted to it but Oz on the other hand is exceptional. Still I never felt like I had watched half a season of Oz as so much happens in those 12/13 episodes.

On the subject of Oz, it has finished hasn't it? If so it is a total shame. Such a riveting show which was always exceptionally well-made and sometimes extremely hard to watch television but compulsive viewing material nevertheless .

Anyway pooch do you know when Carnivale season 2 is going to be shown in the UK?

6. lovemunkey187

lovemunkey187

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    Unfortunately, yeah Oz has finished (or at least ot the best of my knowledge) +The end of the season with the chemical release in the mailroom. Didn't see that coming.
    Just wish that I hadn't missed most of the last season when it was first shown and then again over christmas when ch4 repeated them :mad:

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Oz has finished. C4 only aired part of Season 5 over the Christmas/New Year holiday, and it was the first time it's been shown on C4, but not on E4 who have shown all 6 seasons)!

Also, "Carnivale" Season 2 is due to start very soon on FX289 - maybe in the next 2-3 months - but no details have been officially confirmed yet.

Pooch

8. Henry

Henry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    I mostly enjoyed Carnivale. I thought it was well written, cast and acted. It was very well shot too.

Ultimately though, I felt that always left me a bit disappointed as there was never any kind of resolution or even real significant developments to any of the plot threads. But then maybe that was the point.

The trailers at the end of each week were a little annoying too. They were edited in such a way to promise so much and I rarely felt that the episode bore much resemblance to it's trailer.

I'll certainly be watching the second series just to see what happens!