Meditation

jp_bl_68

Novice Member
Do any of you meditate? If so, how do you meditate and in what ways do you feel it improves your health/life/state of mind etc.?

I've been wondering if it's possible to recreate some of the stimulating effects of caffeine through meditation.

I find that a single energy drink/espresso can really stimulate my mind. I become more alert, more creative, and generally more interested in what's going on around me.

It'd be great if I could achieve this state of mind without caffeine*. I think meditation could be the answer. What do you think?

*I'm not a caffeine addict, before anyone asks. I don't drink coffee any more, I rarely drink tea and I almost never touch energy drinks.

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
Necrobump....

EDIT - Post that was spamming has been removed. It wasn't me who bumped it.

Last edited:

Kailash

i have given meditation a go in the past and it didnt really work for me
i think it's like anything and you need to work at it to get anything from it
i wasn't consistent enough, doing it here and there, which didn't help

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Ive not meditated but I have to do weekly pilates as a result of numerous back problems, the last few minutes of each session are spent lying down and doing controlled breathing i.e. breathe in for 7 seconds, hold for 5 out for 6 etc

Its amazing how quickly you can seem to lose yourself from your surroundings if you close your eyes, its a technique I now use at night if I'm struggling to get off to sleep.

Ruffuz

You could try Headspace app, they offer intro for free with 10min guided exercises.

Not sure meditation is what you're after but would deffo recommend giving it a go.

PS just realised OP date :)

Doug the D

Distinguished Member
Ive not meditated but I have to do weekly pilates as a result of numerous back problems, the last few minutes of each session are spent lying down and doing controlled breathing i.e. breathe in for 7 seconds, hold for 5 out for 6 etc

Its amazing how quickly you can seem to lose yourself from your surroundings if you close your eyes, its a technique I now use at night if I'm struggling to get off to sleep.

I'm in the same boat (currently contemplating surgery for my back). I've tried all sorts of stuff, but not pilates - how do you rate it? I supposed it depends on what's wrong with your back of course, but I don't want to pry :)

Fat_Tony

Distinguished Member
Hi Doug

Ill gladly answer any questions, although its probably a bit off topic - feel free to PM if you want. Im unfortunately a bit of an expert on back issues having had 3 surgeries in the past few years. I was advised to get into pilates after my first surgery and didn't bother, I dabbled at it after my 2nd and ended up still needing more surgery (nothing to do with the pilates) and I now do it at least once a week, a year on from my last surgery and my back feels better than ever. Its hard to quantify as I cant see any physical changes, but I don't wake up sore like I used to and touch wood my back is in a better state than it has been for years.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom