1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medion MP3 problems

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Frankie Angels, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Frankie Angels

Frankie Angels

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought one of the Medion MP3 players from Aldi (July). This was a great buy for £49.99 and I've had no problems at all...until now that is!

For the last few days, everytime I download MP3's it automatically arranges them in alphabetical order by track listing. I have followed the instructions in the booklet and taken the batteries out to "reset" the player, but still no luck.

Model no: MD41512
    Using Musicmatch Jukebox v. 8.02
    Windows XP

Help this is cheesing me off! :mad: :(

2. Fatz955

Fatz955

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Frankie
    I bought a medion MD41512 on saturday and realised i had the same problem that you described.I have e-mailed Medion Tech Support,but they haven't replied yet.In the mean time I discovered that if you rip the songs using number-title-artist (Jet Audio @ 80kbps/ 4 albums per 128M) and keep them in a directory that they stay in order. It will also arrange the directorys in alphabetical order.

Using this way means it doe not matter which way you download them, as i just drag-n-drop now.

Hope this helps

Fatz955:devil:

3. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I have this player too. Have you guys used a larger SD / MMC card to expand the memory?

I have played with a 64mb card I had in my camera, but my birthday is coming and I wanted to treat myself to a 1 gb card but not sure if the player would accept it?

4. Fatz955

Fatz955

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought a 256Mb Kingston SD card.
    Seems fine but I'm still playing
    Will let you know in a couple of days what it's like

5. pepe_peters

pepe_peters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Don't get the 1 Gig card. It can only read up to 512 MB without trouble.
    If you use 1 Gig it will play the songs but on startup requests to reformat the card. This can be overcome by inserting the card once the play has started.

6. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks for your reply! I also found this out as I had bought a 1 gig card. On the first try it registered that it could only see 512Mb but played all the tracks. The card then went berserk and I have since sent it back and in my impatience bought a 20gb Ipod instead...in for a penny etc!

I actually thought the problem was the formatting of the card which is where mine started to ave problems. If the card is formated to FAT16 it would work for a while then throw up the error message you describe.

Oh well still kept mine anyway, still think it is a great little player!

7. gilera

gilera
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone please help me. I live in Spain and have purchased a Medion MD 6242 from ALDI. I would like to obtain a copy of the instruction manual in English if possible.
    Perhaps even a similar model would help.

8. kwizzle

kwizzle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a medion mp3 player (md51412) and i formatted it by mistake .......please i do not have money to buy a new one ....please is there anyway of fixing it because it does not power beyond the hello screen...it shows hello then goes off.....i need help soonest please!!!

9. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    If you have formatted the internal drive I think you will need to make sure if is formatted again to FAT16. External cards have to be done this way for the player to register them.

10. todd

todd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What a great bit of kit ...39.99 at Aldi , just bought TWO for my daughters for Xmas.
    Best place for SD/MMC cards is 7Dayshop ....256M is currently 15.99GBP

11. papegaai

papegaai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:

I also got the Medion MP3. In the software help file they are talking about adding playlists to the device.
    I tried to do add different playlists, like 70's, 80's, but on the MP3 player everything is mixed together and I cannot figure out how to play the songs from one particular playlist.
    On the device, you can find a playlist menu, but the playlist never appears here.

Does anyone knows how it works?

Regards,

Papegaai

12. john.hem

john.hem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    Kwizzle, did you format it with windows or the utility software on the CD which came with the MP3 player. What you need to do is open the Digital Firmware download (its on the CD). Don’t tick format Data Area. Click ‘Start’ and the firmware will be downloaded to your player. It will then be back to as when you bought it. When you format it, it also gets rid of the firmware. Don’t use windows to format it, use the utility software and then update the firmware.

John :thumbsup:

13. iderzh

iderzh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have bought MD41512 and encountered next problems:
    1. Kingston 256 MB SD card, when I formatted it windows xp finished to format it with message "Cannot complete format", but card was recognized by player.
    2. When I copy to SD card files it takes too much time and I don't see progress of copy.
    3. When I listen to audio book by earphone I cannot listen the voice, only music, if I listen same file by build-in speaker I hear voice clear.

Please help me.

Regards, Igor.

14. djspazz

djspazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello my friends, i have a medion md80220 mp3 player, i format it by mistake and i have erase the files :s, i try toi install the driver of the cd but nothing happened, please help me, what can i do? tks

15. phatmattuk

phatmattuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i bought medion 2.5gb jukebox and software would not load and tech support was terrible so i took it back to aldi waste of time. took medion up to 10 days to reply to email and put me on hold for 37 mins until i hung up.
    now got ipod mini £125 from jon lewis.

16. LisaMp3

LisaMp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I brought a medion 256 Mb mp3 player from toy's r us i have had no problems to its starts to turn off when i press the button to turn it down and when it gets taped it turns off its driving me mad and toy's r us wont take it back. :rolleyes:

17. alancolledge

alancolledge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Is it still under guarantee and do you still have the receipt? If so Toy's R Us are going against your statutory rights....

18. trendy_geeza

trendy_geeza

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya,

I'm kinda new to this AV forums so I hope I'm doin this right! Lol, I've got the Medion MD41512. I also got it from Aldi for £49.99. Kinda stupid but I just realised I could do firmware updates on this thing..I've tried the medion site but theres noting there...Ive even tried the CD program but no luck..Has anyone ever upgraded their player successfully? Are the upgrades even any good?

19. LisaMp3

LisaMp3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    WEll i have had to mp3 players one broke replaced it for this medion one now this one has broke thats why i think toys r us wont take it back. :(

20. pspeech

pspeech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help :lease:

I have bought a medion mp3 player from Kwik Save.
    A problem with my PC has meant I have had to erase the software which came supplied with it. I've lost the CD too.

The heldesk are dreadful and i cannot obtain another copy, rendering my jukebox no good. I can copy tracks on to it but cannot then seperate them into albums/artists etc..

Can anybody email me a copy of the software that came with theirs? i'd be so grateful. The address is pspeechley@btinternet.com.

Thanks all

21. ratdog100

ratdog100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i formatted my medion 20gig mp3 player to fat32 with out meaning to i get a message saying check hdd ? how do i make it the right format and what is it?

22. sanantha

sanantha

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have done the same mistake of formatting the jukebox and now it does not boot to display the menu options.

After recovery through the CD utility, I can download mp3 files to it from Musicmatch. These are stored in DRM folder. but the player displays "Please check HDD" and "Wait Menu Key" and hangs until battery runs out.

Please help.

23. parth_kalra2000

parth_kalra2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes you can have the english manual from the web site www.medionusa.com or from www.medion.com then convert it to english a option given at top and the from cust care option in manual you may write you model number and the manual.

please try to help me for my problem i have posted in mp3 and i-pod option
    my name in parth i have a medion jukebox md-81034.

24. parth_kalra2000

parth_kalra2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    dont try the firmware updates its just a dam thing i by mistake did it and now suffering my mp3 md-81034 now just do not shows the menu option and even not able to copy music to the drive not even able to create folder in the hdd of player. please help

25. parth_kalra2000

parth_kalra2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi,
    even
    i had the same problem of hdd hang out but ,
    i kept in my cupboard for a month and when i took it out i found it working
    i think you should try that keep it aside for a long time without using then it will start working with little problems , to hang out but after a use of a week it will work perfectly, if it shows the hdd symbol again then keep it off for some time a hour or half then it will again work

26. mido1000

mido1000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :lease: