1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Medion Md8383 Any Body Got One???

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by nickhor, Nov 30, 2004.

1. nickhor

nickhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    aldi have the above computer for £699 seems highly specced with a 250gb hard drive ,tv tuner ,dvd dual layer recorder ,wifi, bluetooth etc ..3yr warranty
    seems ideal for htpc uses ?? will add a sweetspot card for sky+.......
    would like to know anyone whos got it as i cannot find anything on performance of the 6610 nvidia graphics card
    I am not a gaming addict but want to get 1280-x 720 out of the card for my pjfrom dvd and tv, :confused:
    is there any feedback on this machine as may buy..

2. nickhor

nickhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    obviously no one has taken the plunge ...
    if no reply today moderators delete thread
    cheers
    nick

3. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I haven't bought it for the only reason that I bought the 8080 exactly a year ago and it is a fantastic piece of kit. It has never let me down and I am at the moment enjoying Half Life 2 and Halo beside working with it. The 8383 is even better and I think that Aldi will take order until the end of this week. You will be hard pressed to find better and it comes with a 3 years warranty as well. If it comes to the worse and you cannot find any try Ebay.

Good luck.

4. nickhor

nickhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    thx for feedback just bought one in process of setting up a piece of cake on the machine now thro 27 inch lcd matched to itss native resolution ,,dvd quality vgood but no sound as yet ah well only had 25 mins...seems asteal with the 3 yr warrenty at home :)

5. davidgirecourt

davidgirecourt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have fun. Next buy DVD recorder on thursday

6. nickhor

nickhor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    why it has got one..... recording to the 250gb hard drive at moment well impressed (even with composite arghh.).....with picture ,,,,,,,need to sort out the sound gettinfg DOLBY DIG but no dts support , it insists on processing the sound before lexicon has it not sure how to get pure unadulterated digital out yet ..but i have got a usb sound card ceative extigy so will perservere,,, pulled a sicky today to play.... still on it now...managed to get the native resolution sorted 1280 x 720 ?@ 60hz using the Nvidia utilities .my pj looks v.good....hope this is of some use ..
    cheers

7. pontywontywonty

pontywontywonty

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After owning a medion titanium md8080, and being simply gobsmaked with the performance that even rivals the new release in the alienware ALC series, i decided that maybe i should have a look into what the md8383 was like. i decided not to buy one as i new a person that had one set up with all the neccessary peripherals. i have to say, after trying this out i was again suitably impressed. this is definately worth the money as you are paying for a computer with a better spec than a dell dimension xps for less than half the price. although i have been very pleased with my md8080, i have decided that rather than replacing it with the md8383, i will simply look at the new spec for the md8383 and upgrade my 8080 to meet or or if i can exceed that. as i am a gaming freek:thumbsup: i must have the best and in my view you cannot get better than that without spending lots of money on a custom pc and even then the performance may not be as good!

in response to the queeries of the Nvidea card, i can safely say it is definately above satisfactory and easily copes with all games i have tried with. for this card i think the user should invest in a good quality big screen (atleast 19") as this will give a very good result as the graphics cards in both the 8080 and 8383 are well suited for all types of computer use.

also a tip - take advantage of the sound card in teh 8080 this is a c-media cmi9870 and this produces intense flawless high quality sound. my advice is get the creative gigaworks s750 as the sound will blow you away (and with 600W RMS - quite literally!) but if you are not looking to spend that much money, then a home theatre system is also a good choice, but steer away from sony as the quality in the lower priced models is bad!

a direct reply to the thread:
    after having owned an 8080, and tried an 8383 - GET ONE it will be the best choice you EVER make!!!!!!!

8. ajp558

ajp558

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Are you seriously advocating purchasing a medion PC from 2004? Things have moved on somewhat since then and there are some quieter dual cores around (the MD8383 was very, very noisy IIRC). :rolleyes: