Medion 32" HD ready, down to £399 in TJ Hughes

now i think i'd grab one at £400, even bearing in mind the issues i read about on the other threads. theres no tj hughes in scotland as far as i know tho, so hopefully woolies will reduce the price

managed to grab the last display model today, not bad, didnt power up for ages until i took one of the scarts out, though i had a DOA ! need to configure pc now to use resolution, anyone got any ideas ?

I was going to get one of these but there isn't a store near me, which is a shame.

I think it's down to that price because it's rubbish......

I am waiting for Sony to hit £600.

All these Hyundais and Medions, etc, are rubbish. I could buy a Hyundai A321 for £350 if I wanted to, but I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.

racerocco said:
I am waiting for Sony to hit £600.

All these Hyundais and Medions, etc, are rubbish. I could buy a Hyundai A321 for £350 if I wanted to, but I wouldn't touch one with a bargepole.
I am sure you have a valid reason for this ?

The A321 is a great set and is worth much more than the price tag.

Hell Marantz sell the exact same tv's under there brand name.

P.S the Hyundai TV's use the same panels that Samsung and Sony use ;)

£350 for a A321 ?? where is that, i would buy another for that price for my mother.

What a load of crap you are talking, the A321 is an excellent set. I am using it as my 2nd telly in my bedroom. I am a fussy git as well, £350, where exactly????

Despite mutterings to the contary it is clear to me that the future of HD in the UK is 1080 lined displays (1080i HDTV broadcasts and 1080 sourced BR/HD-DVD's), therefore any cheap 768 lined stop gap LCD is welcomed even if it will be relegated to the bedroom or study at a future date..........just do not spend too long plastering one into your feature chimney breast.

You can then save up for a better priced 1080 display when they are more widely available, (HDMI 1.3 sorted and 1080p inputs commonplace).

Medion have a lot of experience making (and re-badging) LCD's.......they are not as bad as you would think (although their customer service on returns/repairs is questionable).

A321 is a cracking set, who ever says not, is blind or suffering from mad cow !

nm10721 said:
What a load of crap you are talking, the A321 is an excellent set. I am using it as my 2nd telly in my bedroom. I am a fussy git as well, £350, where exactly????

I have had Q321s and A321s and there have been issues with lip sync, connection to a PC, connection to a HDMI player, rubbish Freeview quality and so on.

Where I work, an A321 would cost me £350 and I could have my pick of pixel-free sets. But I won't be buying one! You've got to question why so many people have problems and are sending them back. I would have no confidence in a Hyundai A321. I notice that in PC World, a Philips 32" LCD can be had for £699. That's only £100 more, and is a known brand.

If your A321 is OK for you then that is good.

The A321 has no problems with lipsync or connection to a PC, my HDMI player works 100%.

Not sure about Freeview as mine will be hooked upto SkyHD, but from what i have seen with Sky hooked up it looks pretty damn good to me, maybe not as good as a CRT but no LCD is as good as a CRT at producing SD pictures.

People had problems with the A321 at first but that issuse is not fixed and isnt a problem at all, the first sets had DVI but the newer sets have HDMI and via VGA have no problems at all.

Mind getting me another one for £350 then ?

Brand name isnt everything.

P.S people returning there A321 or the Q321's are mainly down to dead pixels, all LCD's suffer from this.

i wish i could get one for £350

Yeah throw me on the band wagon for the A321 for £350.

racerocco - You gonna sort us all out then? :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom