• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MediaSmart Server ex470 or ex 485

Kinch1970

Standard Member
I'm about to buy the HP media server ex470 but have just noticed that HP are releasing the ex485 soon. It wont be shipped into the US until February and who knows when it will arrive into UK. Anyone got any shipment dates for the UK? Is there much of a difference between the ex470 and the ex485? Would it be worth my while holding out for the new model to arrive?

Thanks
Niall

Kinch1970

Standard Member
Just got an email from HP uk & Ireland pre sales. They said "With regard to your enquiry, unfortunately the EX485 & EX487 are not available to purchase within the UK, they are now only available from the US". That don't sound good. Anyone else hear this?
What is the difference between the ex470 and ex485? As far as I can see its just the RAM and memory. I can upgrade the RAM and increase the memory in the ex470. Would this give it the same specs as the ex485?:confused:

simeyfour

Standard Member
yeah i heard the same thing.. Not good I'm gutted..

Lots more software functionality on the new box. The one feature i wanted was the one which sniffs out music, pics etc and auto backs them up.

DarKHorsE

Established Member
Just got an email from HP uk & Ireland pre sales. They said "With regard to your enquiry, unfortunately the EX485 & EX487 are not available to purchase within the UK, they are now only available from the US". That don't sound good. Anyone else hear this?
What is the difference between the ex470 and ex485? As far as I can see its just the RAM and memory. I can upgrade the RAM and increase the memory in the ex470. Would this give it the same specs as the ex485?:confused:

Spoke to HP this morning and have been told the Mediasmart 485 will be available from March/09 in the UK. So looks like it is coming to the UK after all.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom