Mediaportal movie audio out of sync to video

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by dilfred, Jul 31, 2012.

1. dilfred

dilfred

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I have been experiencing while using Mediaportal some of my movies (not all) as I watch them the audio gets further and further behind the video.

I did not experience this previously when using mediabrowser and WMC7

I use ffdshow codec for both video and audio on both setups. (did have old one, updated to latest 27th july last night with same problems)

Does anyone know what causes this? Is it a codec problem or processing?

Should I swap using ffdshow to the recommendation in the forum for setting up codecs in mediaportal?

I have read this this can be caused by the 24fps thingy, is there a setting in mediaportal that I should turn on/off to check if this is the problem? I ask as I have exactly the same ffdshow settings as I had previously so cannot think why that the codecs would effect it?

Also some people mentioned a programme (it slips my mind) that recounts? Would installing this help?

Thanks

2. robbo100

robbo100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +269
    I think the program you are thinking of is called "Reclock".

To be honest, I would definitely try LAV filters and see if this helps. Are you using MediaPortal 1.2.3?

Ultimately, the best way to get support is to post your logs, along with a detailed description of the problem (including what file types cause the problem etc) on the MediaPortal forum. The support there is excellent and you will get far more support than posting on this forum (which is more generic in support of a wide range of software).

Cheers

Robbo100