• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Mediaportal - moved house and now no sat signal?

BiffBoy

Established Member
hi all, just moved in (phew) yesterday and had a guy set up the dish for freesat. Plugged in my HTPC as assumed as its the same satellite in the sky that Mepo woud just work but no - have scanned for new channels in tv config but cant see any channels....

Help!! - is there something I need to do as I've setup a new dish?

...missing too much footy!! :thumbsdow

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Do you mean East 28?
How did he test it? Is it reporting any signal at all?

BiffBoy

Established Member
yes the standard freesat one 28.2 is it cant remember? Not sure how he tested it. In my old house the chap lined it up then after he went I setup Mepo and it was fine.

Im not sure he has faced it the right way looking outside, it looks off by a few degrees - would that matter?

At the mo I'm doing a Mepo scan using all sorts of LNB's and getting a few channels.

Presuming Ed

Prominent Member
What are the channel names? You need to work out which satellite they're broadcast from. Is the language on them English?

Keep your satellite man's phone number handy .. sounds like you might have him coming back.

If you do get him back, plug the cables into your box while he's there and make sure you're picking up the channels before he goes.

BiffBoy

Established Member
What are the channel names? You need to work out which satellite they're broadcast from. Is the language on them English?

Keep your satellite man's phone number handy .. sounds like you might have him coming back.

If you do get him back, plug the cables into your box while he's there and make sure you're picking up the channels before he goes.

he was happy to come back if needed - not sure what channels are as its still scanning, i chose 4 different LNB types and it taking ages!

BiffBoy

Established Member
turned out it was a brand new but duff LNB! He stuck a spare 1 port on the dish to keep me going for the match! Coming back MOnday with a new 4 port one. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom