Mediaportal IRSS Remote help needed.

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by nzdreamer55, Aug 10, 2012.

1. nzdreamer55

nzdreamer55
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello everyone,

I have set up mediaportal on a windows 7 x64 HTPC. I currently have a USB-UIRT that I am using for a receiver. I am using a harmony one remote to control everything.

Since I got the USB-UIRT, I want to change my setup so that the HTPC blasts my TV, STB, and AMP instead of having my harmony remote do it.

I have installed the latest version of IRSS, but am having trouble setting it up. I have seen the set up stick for mediaportal (which ROCKS!) which has a little IRSS info but I am having trouble.

I am not sure where to set up stuff and how the IR codes are pass from the USB-UIRT to where they need to go. There are a couple of plug-ins for Mediaportal (one TV Server and one client) and of course the IR Server and translator.

Can someone draw me a schematic of how the IR signal travels to it's final destination?

I also am unsure how to set up wake and suspend things. I want to turn off my STB, TV, and Amp when I put the Mediaportal into suspend.

Any help if appreciated. :D

-S

2. maddogb

maddogb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    i can see some of the things possible in this config but i have to ask why? the harmony is a truly amazing piece of kit setup to do most of the things you could want to do with the press of a few buttons, the uirt appraoch is more powerful but will almost certainly be a stretch of patience at the least.
    Also consider other options, my own personal touch to my htpc setup which is similar to what you want to do there is run the peripherals on a gang socket(in my case liquid cooling reservator, tv and amp and attach it as a slave device on one of the eon energy saving plugs Total time 5 mins, total cost circa £3.99
    this one looks a little differnt from mine but appears to be the same
    Eon Desktop Powerdown PC Intelliplug FREE DELIVERY E-on eco energy saving plug | eBay

3. nzdreamer55

nzdreamer55
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You are so correct that the harmony is a great addition to any media center. It however will not change my STB when mediaportal needs to record a show when I am not there, thus I need a blaster and the USB-UIRT was the easiest thing I could get to do this.

So mediaportal will record TV shows and in the US I need a set top box that needs to be controlled when I am away so if anyone has other ideas all are welcome.
    -S

4. maddogb

maddogb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    ah knew there was some reason, i assume this stb is for a locked down TSP, i personally wont buy our Sky services because they make it so hard and expensive to combine with my htpc.
    out of curiousity how do you have this linked to your htpc?

5. nzdreamer55

nzdreamer55
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Hauppauge Colossus card and capture via component output. I have been running it as a pass through for a while, but have not been able to use mediaportal to record until just now.