• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

MediaPortal + Diseqc + Pinnacle 4000i = possible?

BiffBoy

I've just got back from a friends house that has a Diseqc controlled sat dish that picks up all sorts of channels and I think it's great.

He said a dish + motor can be bought from Maplins for about £90 and he has all the equipment and knowhow to set it all up = bonus!

What I cant seem to find out is if it's possible to set this all up in MediaPortal with my Pinnacle 4000i DVB-S card.

The 4000i has DiSEqC 1.0 listed in the spec but I have no idea where to go from here and the MediaPortal manual is pretty devoid of info on setting this up or if it will work??

Anyone here done anything similar?

ninja 12

There is a section in the MediaPortal TV Server config that relates to a motorised dish .

I don't have a motorised dish so have never used this feature so can't comment on how well it works .

tvservermotor.jpg

There's bound to be someone on the MediaPortal forums who has a motorised dish setup and could help .

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom