MediaPortal 1.3.0 [Alpha]

PsyVision

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I thought some of you may be interested to know that MediaPortal has released an alpha version of 1.3.0, the release news is below:

MEDIAPORTAL - MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha Released

Some of the big changes are:

- Skin enhancements/re-work.
- Bluray support
- LAV filter support

Hmm, some very significant changes especially bluray support.

Looking at the change log, it does break your existing skins unless they have been updated.

Since I have reinstalled my HTPC to Windows 7 I have had some problems. Now I have MP 1.3.0 alpha and everything works well :clap:.

I have just had a look at this version on my laptop, making it a client to the 1.2.3.0 install on the HTPC.

Interesting discovery with the new 'mediaportal audio renderer' option. If enabled for TV, this seems to work really well with the Freeview HD / SD audio problem.

It will send Freeview with a stereo soundtrack to the amp as stereo PCM, and Freeview with a 5.1 soundtrack to the amp as PCM 5.1 (using LAV Filters to decode the HE-AAC codec). Hurrah! So, it is bypassing the windows mixer and leaving the audio untouched, similar to what Reclock can do, but this is a much simpler solution.

I currently use ffdshow as a post processing audio option to transcode the PCM 5.1 to DD 5.1 to prevent windows downmixing it to stereo.

MediaPortal audio renderer may mean that this extra layer of processing will no longer be necessary, a good thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have 1.2.3 (plus Streamed MP/Moving Pictures/My TV Series) on my lounge/living room HTPC, and I have 1.3 alpha (plus Streamed MP/Moving Pictures/My TV Series) on my gym HTPC.

So far I am finding 1.3 alpha is working fine. More plugins/skins are becoming available with 1.3 alpha compatibility which is great. I had to use a manual interim patch for Streamed MP skin but it is working fine (I don't use the TV functionality).

I expect I'll switch my lounge/living room HTPC over to 1.3 Alpha in the next couple of weeks as I've had no issues to date.

note: I still launch TMT5 for blu-ray ISO playback as I like my menus/special features etc.

Alex

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom