Mediaplayer and PC on one monitor

Aart

Novice Member
Hi,
I saw a lot of questions and information about dual screens but not one yet about everything on a single one.
This is what I want to do:
I.have a PC filled with music (7TB) connected to a monitor and connected to a hardware mediaplayer. The mediaplayer is together with a DVD SACD player connected to a surround receiver which is connected to a TV.
I want the TV out and use the PC monitor to switch between the computer signal and the signal out of the receiver.
Is this possible and how?
Thanks in advance.

NASAKillbill

My 27” LG monitor allows me to display two sources split screen on the same monitor. Is that what your after?
Both sources could be HDMI or HDMI as display port....

Aart

Novice Member
Thanks for your answer. I should have looked at the backside first. Only display port!
Luckily I have another with both. I will try your suggestion. I can live with both sources together on screen, because I only use it for Music not for video, so it's just a matter of 1 screen for putting the PC on and the other screen for selecting the music I want to hear in the mediaplayer.

NASAKillbill

No problem. It may be monitor dependent. My Asus does not have this option. Only my LG

Last edited:

Aart

Novice Member
LOL. The one with only display port is a Samsung and the one with both a LG.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom