MediaLink Released

winstano

Prominent Member
Reaction score
$20.. that's about £10. I have all my music etc. on a mac so it may be worth it (OTOH that mac is connected to the TV anyway so maybe not so much :p).

Alas, the download link doesn't work "Could not find xml/MediaLink.zip.xml" So it isn't actually released yet.

$20.. that's about £10. I have all my music etc. on a mac so it may be worth it (OTOH that mac is connected to the TV anyway so maybe not so much :p).

Alas, the download link doesn't work "Could not find xml/MediaLink.zip.xml" So it isn't actually released yet.

Hmm works for me. Strange that your browser is adding .xml on the end.

K.

January 7th, 2008
MediaLink for PlayStation 3 now available!

Today, we are announcing our newest media streaming product for the PlayStation 3! Until now, streaming your Mac's media to the PlayStation 3 has been a chore. Not anymore. With MediaLink, you'll get the solid PlayStation 3 integration you'd expect from your Mac. The free trial is available for download today!

Source

Finally. :D

Hmm works for me. Strange that your browser is adding .xml on the end.

K.

Tried it from 3 different browsers, including IE just in case it was an IE only site.

It's their end that's adding the .xml.. No idea why.

excellent news... not sure how this evaded me as i've been refreshing engadget for the past 3 days for their ces coverage..

if it's anything like connect360 or eyeconnect then it'll be great...

btw guys... isn't sony talking about the ps3 at ces today?? - new stuff announced ?

Just been messing around with medialink?? dont know why they didnt just call it connect Ps3, any ways i find that it works as advertised and my only complaint is that its not showing up all of my songs with there album art only some. Didn't know that Sony was showing off more stuff today in regards to the ps3 hopefully though.

Just been messing around with medialink?? dont know why they didnt just call it connect Ps3, any ways i find that it works as advertised and my only complaint is that its not showing up all of my songs with there album art only some. Didn't know that Sony was showing off more stuff today in regards to the ps3 hopefully though.

"iTunes Music Store purchased content is DRM-protected and is not supported."

maybe this is why... or does it show these songs but not play them and it's other songs you have missing?

Download worked ok for me too.

Tony do you want the file emailing? Is <1mb

Bertie

"iTunes Music Store purchased content is DRM-protected and is not supported."

maybe this is why... or does it show these songs but not play them and it's other songs you have missing?

The songs are there and they all play fine, just that they dont all have there album art there must be something as i have added the art work in the same manner (amazon is your friend).

oh and cheers to the link for the ps3 event :) was beginning to think they weren't annoucing anything new for the ps3 this ces.

The songs are there and they all play fine, just that they dont all have there album art there must be something as i have added the art work in the same manner (amazon is your friend).

try deleting the picture and restarting itunes then re-adding it... may fix it ?

How is this any better / worse than Eyeconnect?

I only got my ps3 yesterday but it was a doddle to set up with Eyeconnect and so far its worked flawlessly.

hmmm.... i can see my music, but as soon as i go to play it, medialink disconnects on the mac, and i recieve

media server error :
a network error has occurred.
(8071053d)

How is this any better / worse than Eyeconnect?

I only got my ps3 yesterday but it was a doddle to set up with Eyeconnect and so far its worked flawlessly.

eyeconnect worked great for me... it was a little buggy because i was using it over wifi... with my brother's ps3 i never tested it with dixv and other videos...

when i get my ps3 i'm gonna hardwire it i think

Tony do you want the file emailing? Is <1mb

Nah I'll try it again tonight.. it was probably just dead temporarily when I tried it.

yeo same here i also have firewall configured and turned on, and with it off.

intel macbook here, let us no if you find a solution

Its not quite as robust as connect360 for the xbox360, but its a start.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom