MediaBrowser and WMC - not displaying cover art, film info etc..

Hey guys, just wondering what the problem is here? i've got mediabrowser installed, meta browser etc, but in MC, it's not showing the name of the film, just the folder where the film is, the cover of the film, or the film info?

any ideas?

thanks

captureqz.jpg

smohaban

Standard Member
I'm having exactly the same issue with both Windows 7 and Windows Vista. Any luck solving this?

Hey guys, just wondering what the problem is here? i've got mediabrowser installed, meta browser etc, but in MC, it's not showing the name of the film, just the folder where the film is, the cover of the film, or the film info?

any ideas?

thanks

captureqz.jpg

gosties

Have you set your film/movie folder in the configuration wizard so Media Browser knows where to locate your chosen media.

smohaban

Standard Member
Have you set your film/movie folder in the configuration wizard so Media Browser knows where to locate your chosen media.

Yes, and it does show the files but not the info about them and without a poster downloaded. It just takes some random frame from each movie and shows it as the poster, and there is no other meta data about the actors, etc...

gosties

I posted this comment about Media Browser in another thread.

What format have you ripped the films into ?

I have ripped my films as just the main movie. Their is a folder for the film say Gran Torino and enclosed two folders Video_Ts and Audio_Ts.

For an avi film file I have a folder with the same name as the film say Gran Torino and an enclosed folder called Gran Torino and the respective avi in the secondary folder.

Both structures work equally well for myself when using Media Browser.

You can use Meta-browser and Salami for metadata also. I generally use Meta-Browser for films but for some titles I use Salami. Also Tv Series I use Media-Scout.

Last edited:

smohaban

Standard Member
I posted this comment about Media Browser in another thread.

What format have you ripped the films into ?

I have ripped my films as just the main movie. Their is a folder for the film say Gran Torino and enclosed two folders Video_Ts and Audio_Ts.

For an avi film file I have a folder with the same name as the film say Gran Torino and an enclosed folder called Gran Torino and the respective avi in the secondary folder.

Both structures work equally well for myself when using Media Browser.

You can use Meta-browser and Salami for metadata also. I generally use Meta-Browser for films but for some titles I use Salami. Also Tv Series I use Media-Scout.

These are mostly mkv and avi files...
There is usually an accompanying nfo file containing the URL in IMDB and other relevant info.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom