Media streaming question

Roger59

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have recently bought a Pure Jongo A2 media streamer. It works via an app on your smartphone and can stream wmp playlists into your hi-fi. I set up the media sharing from wmp 12 on my laptop running Windows 7 with no problem, the playlists all work fine.
However, most of my music is on the hard drive of my Vista PC, and the playlists are in wmp 11. I have set up media sharing on wmp 11, the phone app sees all the playlists, but won't play them, producing an error message every time. Pure's email help is of little use, so can anyone here can help please?

Maybe it doesn't work with WMP11, WMP12 has a proper DLNA media server earlier versions do not.

Try Asset music DLNA server instead, install that on the vista computer and see if it can read it.

Thanks for your reply. Pure's FAQ's tell you how to share media in WMP 11 as well as 12, so by implication it must work with WMP 11. However, I'll install your recommendation to see if it makes any difference, and report back.

Asset music DLNA made no difference, as it does not show up on my list of devices in Pure's Android app. Thanks anyway. Any other ideas?

Bizarre, maybe it only works with WMP12 and nothing else ? the comments section here on Amazon has one person saying it works with win 7 play to but wont work with win 8 play to.

I looked up a few reviews and one said it has no DLNA support and the other says it is a compatible DLNA receiver.

Try using Asset with BubbleUPnP on Android and see if the Pure Jongo A2 appears in the device list of BubbleUPnP, that app is a controller so it reads DLNA servers like Asset and can push media to any DLNA receivers on the network.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
OK - will try Bubble, and report back. Thanks for sticking with it!

Hi
I have resolved my problem on the Vista PC by putting my ESET firewall back into learning mode, and lo and behold it allowed all the wmp 11 playlists to be played. The security software on my laptop is Kaspersky, which must have let it through automatically.
I have also discovered that the way files are laid out on Asset UPnP is much more user friendly than directly from wmp 11 on the Pure app, so I'll be using that.
Thanks for your help!
Regards - Roger

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom