Media Streaming Device (Fire Stick etc...)

Barnes1988

Novice Member
Good morning,

We have just moved into our new home and didn't realise that new houses aren't fitted with aerials. We aren't getting Sky in this property and so I am looking to run the TV through the internet. I have heard you can be quite creative with fire sticks so wanted to know what the best media streaming device is to be able to do this?

I don't want to be spending a crazy amount but I'm happy to pay a bit more first time out as I won't be paying a Sky subscription etc. We have two smart TVs but want the media streaming devices in addition. My mates all have fire sticks but then someone mentioned the cube and another mentioned a Nvidia Shield which is far more
expensive and again there are many options and I don't know what's best for us.

Any help is massively appreciated thank you.

rpr

Other option maybe Freesat

HAM5ter84

Other option maybe Freesat
That's a good call. I had it at a flat with no aerial for basics of freeview equivalent it works well and the Manhatten boxes aren't too expensive from Argos. Humax do some nice looking boxes and have a good set of vod options on there and hd to boot, plus hardrive built in for pvr option. I have an old bt youview Humax built pvr and that has great build quality even second hand and 8 yrs on.

Definately recommend Freesat as an option if a dish is fitted. Not sure Firestick wise apps would give you the live TV options. Maybe something like Pluto may work.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
That's a good call. I had it at a flat with no aerial for basics of freeview equivalent it works well and the Manhatten boxes aren't too expensive from Argos. Humax do some nice looking boxes and have a good set of vod options on there and hd to boot, plus hardrive built in for pvr option. I have an old bt youview Humax built pvr and that has great build quality even second hand and 8 yrs on.

Definately recommend Freesat as an option if a dish is fitted. Not sure Firestick wise apps would give you the live TV options. Maybe something like Pluto may work.
The UK TV apps on the Fire Sticks have live TV options.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD-OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom