Media streamer

philupnorth

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone

Just joined the forum as I have just bought an Optoma HD25E projector & am looking for a media streamer so I can watch films saved on my network HDD.

I'm not interested in anything from the streamer apart from accessing the HDD so internet connection, access to facebook etc doesnt bother me. I've looked around the net for ideas but still have no idea what I need.

The main things I'm after is 1080p, ethernet connection so I dont have any buffering issues, DTS & Dolby 5.1/7.1 surround sound & the ability to play 3D movies through the projector from the HDD. I have a Samsung 3D TV which plays 3D content perfectly from my network HDD

I've read quite a few reviews on a number of streamers & tried my lodgers PS3 which worked fine but it refused to play 3D films from the HDD although I can watch them on my TV so its an issue with the PS3.

I was thinking of getting the WD Live TV but have read that the sound isnt all that great, Apple TV has no ethernet connection & not sure about the rest

The zap mini play is a 303d with a custom interface.

They should play all the content that you have including 3d.

The other contender is the med8er med600

Have a look on our website for the specs as we do all three

The med600 is the cheapest at 119 then the 303 and lastly the zap mini

Thanks for the quick replies, I will have a look at the products you have suggested

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom