Question Media Server Software Like Plex but with ISO Support

Berkshirebugsy

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi All, back in 2006 (I think) I created a system whereby DVD ISO images were held on a Central Windows Home Server and there were connected media players in each of the rooms which worked well. The Movie metadata was managed by MyMovies for WHS

Time has passed and it's time for a technology refresh but this time I want to include in my project home automation software which can extract my media library information and make it available via the HA system.

Basically I need a media management system where I can access the library contents which will contain details of my music and DVD/BD ISOs) via an API. I am looking for is a content library which can import DVD/ISO images easily - MyMovies was great for this. Because the media will be played on separate devices (rather than the media/content server itself) All I need to be able to do (at a high level) is to retrieve the media library which will include file locations and metadata.

Plex is almost ideal but doesn't handle ISO images as far as I understand it
MyMovies Handles ISOs great but the API is only available to professional developers

Does anyone have any suggestions based on the brief outline I have given above.

Regards

Dave

Many thanks for both of your replies and I will pursue both of them. I did play with XBMC in the early days of the Rasperry PI but now there is a V2 I will revisit.

Thanks again

Just to update my reply I've just found there is a HiMedia Q10 4K3D which seems to be a newer version that the Q5 ....reviews look good

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom