Media room advise

Casmo

Novice Member
Hi,
Currently I have a media pc connected to Epson projector, sound going though USB sound card to logitech z506 (basic I know) I would like to have the same experience I have on my android tv/firestick on the projector, being easily able to jump between Netflix, you tube etc. Could connect android box/firestick to projector but then no way of getting sound to the speakers. Ideally some kind of box/receiver that I could connect a firestick to with analogue outs for sound. With the existing speakers being powered though, not sure if such a box exists.
Any suggestions that won't completely break the bank would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance

razy60

Hi,
Currently I have a media pc connected to Epson projector, sound going though USB sound card to logitech z506 (basic I know) I would like to have the same experience I have on my android tv/firestick on the projector, being easily able to jump between Netflix, you tube etc. Could connect android box/firestick to projector but then no way of getting sound to the speakers. Ideally some kind of box/receiver that I could connect a firestick to with analogue outs for sound. With the existing speakers being powered though, not sure if such a box exists.
Any suggestions that won't completely break the bank would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance
Depends on how much you want to spend, a cheap sound bar would be an option, a multi port HDMI switch with analogue audio out can be had for £40ish, then there is running Kodi with most of your media apps inside, i run netflix ,amazon and disney+ from inside kodi, youtube and skygo are a problem though, then there is installing a media centric OS like mythbuntu or geebox although some haven't been updated in a while.

Casmo

Novice Member
Thanks for that. I currently use kodi but I find it really sluggish on windows. I also use that machine as a media server and for various home automation tasks so can't ditch completely. For that and others reasons I'd really like to move to an android front end. The hdmi switch sounds like what I'm after though, is there one you'd recommend? Thanks again

razy60

I can't recommend a switch as I don't use one but a quick search using , HDMI switch with analogue out produced,
Amazon productThey also do a 5 port version.

razy60

Getting an android front end on a PC is not a pleasant experience. But apparently you can run chrome OS from a usb so you could look into that.

Casmo

Novice Member
Cheers, I have seen those. Only 2 audio channels out though, one with 6 channels out seems to be harder to find

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom