Media players that support AVCHD 2.0 format ([email protected])?

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by revlisoft, Jan 2, 2012.

1. revlisoft

revlisoft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm looking for a media player that can play files directly from my Sony HDR-CX130 camcorder. Specifically a player that supports AVCHD 2.0 ([email protected]) because the files being created by that camcorder and many others are 1080 50p/59.94p . Most of the players today will stutter or drop audio after a few seconds of playing a 50p/60p file.

If anyone has a new media player I have uploaded a sample @ Sony_HDRCX130_60PS_HQ.MTS

Some say you need to upload the entire BD folder which is extremely annoying when I have tons of videos from a camcorder. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  2. next010

next010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    I tested the clip with two players, both were set to match frame rate to video.

Popbox v8 - audio stutters and cuts out after a few seconds.
    Boxee Box - plays perfectly all the way through.

3. Rimandjaro

Rimandjaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    revlisoft,
    Have you received further answers to your question?
    Did you find Media players that support AVCHD 2.0 format ([email protected])?
    Is there one you would recommend me?
    I looked at tech specs of D-Link Boxee Box and it doesn't mention support of 1080/60p (1080/50p for Europe).
    Thanks

4. Rimandjaro

Rimandjaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, I'm not writing only to "revlisoft" but the whole community.

5. revlisoft

revlisoft
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Just the boxee box but again I still wouldn't recommend because after over 1.5 years and hundreds of comments they still don't support autoplay of video files. I tested the new A-300 and that still doesn't support it.

6. Rimandjaro

Rimandjaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.
    So no single media player on the market supporting AVCHD 2.0 [email protected]? :(
    This is just incredible. There are plenty of camcorders filming at that format. I just bought Sony camcorder HDR-CX730E. I get splendid picture in 1080/50p. It seems I would be forced to film in 1080/50i, meaning under the max power of my camcorder if I want to play my films afterwards through a networked media player. :(
    What do you mean by "autoplay of video files"?

7. Rimandjaro

Rimandjaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my last question, I mean specifically for the Boxee Box.
    For Windows, for instance, I know that "autoplay" will ensure it will play a media stored on a disk automatically when the disk is inserted.
    For the Boxee Box, how will absence of autoplay of video files materialize concretely? I'm trying to know whether this is a big issue the device not having that feature?

8. Rimandjaro

Rimandjaro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  9. next010

next010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,036
    If you don't care about autoplay then Boxee seems your only option for now unless someone else has tested the video out on other players.

XBMC based boxes should also handle the file (underlying hardware permitting) though XBMC also lacks autoplay (Boxee is a fork of XBMC). You can create playlists of the videos and play them in sequence that way.

It sounds like the Sigmas dont handle it, which are Popcornhours/Popbox, WDTV Live, Dunes (though no-one has tested the video with those last two).

The other major chipset out there are the Realtek ones, Asus OPlay, AC Ryan POHD, Mede8er and so on.

10. the_stalker

the_stalker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    This is what stopping me getting media player because I'm waiting for full support of 1080p 50p (AVCHD 2.0) even though I haven't got new camcorder yet. But I know I'll get one once I can afford it.

So in the end I just order WD TV live because it good price to me and I was going for Dune 301 but issues with HD audio but then I was thinking when I going get AVR to play HD audio so I went for cheaper option and hopefully when the next gen media player support 1080p 50p (AVCHD 2.0) then I'll get it!!! whether it be dune, WD, Popcorn.