media player with smart phone interface?

blokeyknockers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, this may be in the wrong section and I apologise if it is but not 100% on where it should go. I've currently got all of my music stored on my pc's hard drive as flac files, but I'm fed up with having to boot up every time I want to listen to something! Also, the pc's fans can be quite audible for late night quite listening. I was wondering whether there are any media players about that have an android or Apple interface app? I'm currently using teamviewer to control the pc but it's not the easiest or quickest. The main reason behind wanting this is that my pc is running through my plasma and imagine retention happens VERY quickly so I can't leave the screen on for more than a few minutes at a time! Cheers guys.

Pretty much every media player does, Apple's only for iOS of course. Sonos have controller apps for iOS and Android and can their players can stream music from lower-power NAS so you can keep the PC off.

I have been looking at the Bluesound Hi Res music streamers. They have a Vault which is a server and ripper in one, there is a IOS and Android app for control and it will play/store Hi Res files as well. I think you could drag and drop your music files on to it and this will do away with having the PC and Plasma on. Do not know if this helps???

If you wanted a quick solution to using your PC I can highly recommend installing Logitech media server on the PC. Once installed open up the settings web page and activate the local player plugin. This turns your PC into a Squeezebox server and player in one.

You can then use the Logitech Squeezebox control app on iOS or Android to control it all. If you like the way this works you could then get something like a raspberry Pi with a HiFiBerry sound card and then either leave the server running on the PC or even run the server on the Pi with a USB hard drive plugged in to store your tunes.

Thanks for the help guys. I've actually found something by demon called a HEOS link which looks like it'll be perfect. Going to try it out in a few weeks when my local AV shop gets one in for me. I'll put a little write up on here if I decide to get it. Thanks again though!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom