Media Player With Internet Radio?

Niteflyer

Standard Member
Hi guys, I was wondering if one (or more) of you might be able to suggest something for me.

I am looking for a Media Player (streamer) that also acts as a stand alone internet radio? I currently have an AC Ryan Playon!Mini and it's great! But I want to upgrade and I am thinking about getting an internet radio (either wired or wireless, no preference) so was wondering if a box exists where I can combine the 2?

I realise that most media players allow me to play radio through my TV but I was looking for one that will allow me to do it as a stand alone box (aux'd through my hifi)?

I have searched google but can't really find what I need.

Thank you all very much in advance.

Matt

Niteflyer

Standard Member
Run a server to provide the radio to your media box ?

This one servers up all the stations Tunein serves up
Asset UPnP DLNA

Thanks for the reply NX3 :)

That's a distinct possibility, thank you. It may come to that. The only thing is, my wife isn't all that techie and would get a bit confused with it. So that's why I was wondering if anyone knew of a Media Player with Internet Radio? But it looks like I might be out of luck on that one.

Thanks again

Matt

MarkE19

Any of the Dune players have a large range of internet radio stations they can output - but you would need the TV on to navigate to them.
Something like the Dune TV101 at £100 should be a good starting point.

Mark.

Niteflyer

Standard Member
Any of the Dune players have a large range of internet radio stations they can output - but you would need the TV on to navigate to them.
Something like the Dune TV101 at £100 should be a good starting point.

Mark.

Thanks Mark, it was the TV navigation I was trying to steer clear of. But as there doesn't seem to be a box that will act as a stand-alone internet radio, it seems I have a decision to make....... :)

NX3

Avoid tv navigation is the trick / more expensive part. Sonas or Logitech sell boxes with screens in for the internet radio part but aren't media players.

iPad ? Android tablet ? maybe

DanielRichards

I hold all my media on a Qnap Nas,and use my iPad and a Bluetooth receiver attached to my amp. Serves all the media I could wish for and there's plenty of easy to use Internet radio too! Worth a thought I reckon, what with Christmas coming up!

Good luck.

xtreamer

Standard Member
Interesting idea :) tho can you do other things on the ipad such as take it to other rooms etc.. and still get music?

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom