media player onto a projector/monitor

cebs_uk

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had the answer to this :

I have seen a laptop running Media Player 10 and when attached to an external proj/monitor only the video panel is output. No control bars or any other info appeared, this is very useful in some situation I work in but I have been unable to duplicate it.

Does anyone know if it is an easy thing to do and if so how?

Thanks in advance.

Cebs

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
i think i've seen that before when swapping from my monitor to my projector.......i think its a case of wmp thinking you are using a secondary screen and only playing video.....not sure if its a setting or a bug.......but basically if you right click the video footage you should get options to switch from full screen (where you just get picture) to normal/default/etc which is where you get all the buttons and menu bars etc

cebs_uk

Hi,

In my job, I use a lot of laptops that clients bring along for their show and we hook them up to switchers/projectors.

On one clients laptop when he loadup media player10 up, only the video section of the window was output to the secondary device. This was good news as no control bars appeared at all and the video ran very smoothly on the proj.

I was hoping someone might know how to set this up as I couldn't see how it was done on the day.

Hope that helps

Cebs

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
like i say, if you right click on the player when its on the display you want it on and just choose full screen then it will only show video.......not sure how you would set this up automatically as i rarely run dual screen mode..

cebs_uk

Hi,

thanks but I know what you mean by full screen mode, on this particular laptop it was something else let me try and explain it.

When Media player was open and you can see the options at the top and the library on the right, the secondary monitor was only showing the video part of the window but already in a full screen mode. Also even if you alt-tab to another program that didn't appear on the second screen it still showed the video. It was a bit like presenter mode on PowerPoint where only the slides ever appear on the second screen.

Sorry if I am not explaining it very clearly but maybe that made a bit of sense.

By looking at all the options I have found how to turn the control panel off in full screen mode so that is a bit of help.

Thanks again for any advice.

Cebs

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom