Media Player Info Sugestions.

Discussion in 'Video Streaming Boxes & Services' started by oshb5ems, Feb 3, 2014.

1. oshb5ems

oshb5ems
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

Could I ask please I have seen a couple reasonable Media players that have internal HDD and wondered if any of you have them or know of anyone using them and what they are like or should I stay well away from them.
    And or if if you have any suggestions as to what is a decent player That iseit her player with built in HDD Or stand alone media player with NAS unit? As I am not fully commited to which way to go as yet and am still reading up?
    Which ever way I would like it to be able to play Mp4, XVid, Avi, Mkv and Flv (The last one Flv I have only like had 2 of in many many months so is not that critical)

The ones I have seen are Sub £100
    TizzBird F30 4G (can get this for a super price (About £65) without HDD)
    WD TV Live Hub Media Center (might have to be second hand Errr)
    DYV-10 digital Media Player
    ATV3000B Android TV Gold with HDD Bay

£100 Plus
    ASUS O!Play TV Pro
    Med500X2
    Med800x£D

I dont have a 3D Tv and am not planing to get one any-time soon so with the Mede8er range thats why I included the Med500X2 I could be open to the other Mede8ers if I went the NAS route. But again apart from the Mede8er range I have not done any reserch on stand alone Media player?

Many thanks for your time So please any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Oliver

2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,128
    WDTV Live Hub if you can get it would be the best option in terms of stability and ease of use but the 1TB drive in it is not meant to be replaced, it's a 2.5" HDD.

Or buy a WDTV Live and use USB hard drives, you can share out attached USB drives over the network with the WDTV.

If it's within budget then the Mede8er will also do.

The other options are not that desirable.

3. oshb5ems

oshb5ems
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just missed a Live as well LOL But If I go the way of a stand alone unit I will end up with a NAS as it will be main storage for my network.
    But will try and get the money together for the Mede8er 5 or 8 version now and a 3 or 4 Tb drive then.

Oli