Media Player for looping information

Kikih

Novice Member
Hello folks, I want to run adverts on an Lcd screen I have. My first thought is to get a Media player with a memory card slot, make up my pages as jpeg’s save them to the card and then run them as a slide show. If I make any changes it’s only a quick swop of cards, but the Media player will have to be set to automatically continue looping if power is removed and restored. Has anyone here got any ideas on how I can do this? I know some screens now have usb connectors, is there some way I could do this without a Media player, just by plugging in a memory stick directly? Thanks in advance for any replies.

MarkE19

Rather than a media player it is a digital signage device that you are after. A media player may do a lot of what you want, but this is not what they are really designed to do.
You can get digital signage built into a TV/monitor from the likes of LG, NEC etc.
Or if you want to use a basic PC there are digital signage programs from free to.........
HDI Dune also do a digital signage add on firmware for some of their media players - Download
Popcorn Hour also do a dedicated unit - Popcorn Hour - Networked Media Jukebox

Mark.

Kikih

Novice Member
Thanks for that Mark, the popcorn Hour C300 looks like the ideal piece of kit, I wonder would it be possible to update that remotely over the net?

MarkE19

The C-300 is a media player, what you want is the S-300 for digital signage.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom