Media player for high quality 1080p photos?

s_inman

Hi all,

We have a trade show coming up at work and I've been tasked with the job of finding a cheap ish (around £50) media player to display our work on 1080p monitors via HDMI or maybe VGA.

The players will only be used for photos, ideally the player will have some form of alternative transition effects whilst changing picture.

Anyone got a model in mind? I did think about the WDTV live but it offers a lot of functionality that isn't required, the photos will be stored on USB drives.

Sound is of no importance, ideally it will also be very easy to use and have a small footprint so it's easy to hide away.

Suggestions please chaps?

Stuart

s_inman

Hook up a phone via hdmi or tablet ? or get a cheap hdmi android dongle... ?
I like the sound of the android dongle, any recommended models?

Unfortunately a phone or tablet is a no go :(.

NX3

Umm some cheap ones on Amazon.... you could get XMBC on it perhaps for photos though 100's of viewers in play store I expect along side those built in of course.

next010

Distinguished Member
There are Miracast dongles you can get, these are cheap wireless mirror display devices however not all Android phones/tablets support Miracast.

But as to an Android dongle well XBMC on Android could be okay for photos. XBMC for Android is still in development and the focus to date has been on video, photos should be okay.

Something like this stick or this one could also work. Download XBMC from here.

Those two are Rockchip based as such there is no support for hardware video decoding in XBMC. Only Amlogic based devices get that.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom