Media Player Classic... not happy with SSD/W7/Quad?!

only1hammy

Hey guys.

I recently upgraded my system with an SSD, W7, and a quad-core CPU. The problem is that Media Player Classic (Home Edition) now behaves horribly with this setup. Instead of opening in <1 second (as it did on my E6600) it takes around 12 seconds. It appears that it pushes one core to 25% and then throttles out/hangs. I had a look at Process Explorer and I can see it's throttling the CPU with millions of cycles and very little I/O activity (compared to VLC which has much fewer cycles and higher I/O). It also happens when shutting the app down. I have tried running it from my 1TB mechanical drive and it's the same.

It should be noted that it happens when opening the program on its own and not only when double clicking a file (playback is perfect once it's open).

MPC is the only application I've had problems with and searching around the Interwebs has left me without a solution.. so any help is most welcome :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom