Media PC using V+

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by bb2000, Jan 31, 2009.

1. bb2000

bb2000
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many years ago I built a media pc and attempt to connect my cable tv box (ntl then) to my pc and just use my medi apc to control everything. I am now building a new media pc and I now have freeview (both freeview card for pc and freeview box) but i want to have the sports package that Virgin or Sky offer but I still want to control it all thru my media pc ... my question is can this be done, I ask because before I had to have some magic eye over my IR sensor on my NTL box so my media remote control would then change the channel on my NTL box and this was crap, I was hoping things had moved on and i could now merely connect my v+ or sky box directly to my media pc and then get all the benefits of the available channels via my media pc. Can anyone provide some help to get me upto speed with what is available?

Cheers

2. Phunky

Phunky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    It can be done - its not legal even if you only want to watch only your subscription channels but it can be done.

You want to look into DVB-C TV Cards for your MediaPC, i have two running in mine to allow me to stream TV around the houses network.

Phunky.co.uk Images