Media PC Help (Video)

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Chrisoak, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Chrisoak

Chrisoak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am planning a build for a media PC so in preparation I hooked my gaming rig up as my initial plan for this build would be a similar PC.

Specs:

Case - Antec 900
    Main Board - Abit IN932Xmax
    CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 2.66
    Memory - 4 gigs crucial ballistix DDR2 1066
    Video - BFG 8800GTX
    Sound Card - Creative sound blaster X-FI extreame gamer fatlity
    Main Drive - Western Digital Raptor X 10k 150gig
    Slave Drive - Maxtor 300gig
    DVD Burner - Lite-On with lightscribe
    PSU - Thermaltake Tough Power 850W

I initially hooked it up to my Mits WD-65831 : 65" DLP via the DVI input on the back of the TV. I had a 1080P picture and it looked great from a quality stand point. The problem I am having is that I cant get it to fit the screen to save my life. It is too big by what seems to be a couple of inches on the screen. I tried every trick I know of to scale it down. I could not shrink it in the nvidia contorl panel or in the windows control panel. All I could do was make it larger.

Eventually I made everything work right using an s-video to component cable and hooked it up to my denon 3808ci. 1080i had a screen vibration to it and looked really bad, 720P looked ok but not as good as the 1080P before. Both fit the screen perfectly after adjusting the desktop size in the nvidia control panel.

I guess the question that I am asking is, should I select a different card or am I missing something in the set up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

2. Decadent Fool

Decadent Fool

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    No suprises on the svideo front...eek, that's gross ! :)

I'm currently trying to use an ati card, but my last card was nvidea and I'm sure you could set it to force hd settings in the control panel. I take it you're using the drivers off the website, not from the cd? Also check any timing on your 65"

3. badbob

badbob
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +318
    You're not getting 720 or 1080 with S-Video output anyway.