Media PC build -does this look OK?

Discussion in 'Home Entertainment Computers' started by nickg1977, Feb 21, 2013.

1. nickg1977

nickg1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Hi all

Looking to build a PC to sit in my AV rack. It will be used for a variety of tasks, some heavy, most notably being HD video editing. Will maybe play the odd game but not essential.
    Need VGA out (for now) and HDMI for future.
    Need optical out.
    Want as quiet as reasonably possible, but does not need to be completely silent.
    Judging from the case details I need a low profile gfx card. Does the one I've listed below look suitable?

Also, what else am I missing (cables, fans etc.) WHat do I need in the way of heatsink/fan for the CPU?

I want to get the parts ready for a couple of weeks when my friend is around to help me put it together.

Can anyone see any issues with compatibility here, or recommend any changes/improvements?
    I was thinking of this spec:

Lian Li c37b case

gigabyte-ga-z77mx-d3h

intel-core-i7-3770

16gb-(2x8gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-jet-black-pc3-12800-(1600)

120gb-sandisk-extreme-25-ssd r550mb w510mb

3tb-seagate-st3000dm001-7200rpm

430w-corsair-builder-series-cmpsu-430cxv2uk-80plus-bronze-eff-uncertified-quiet-fan-atx-v23-psu

pioneer-bdr-208dbk-blu-ray-writer

windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-sp1

VTX3D-Radeon-Graphics-GDDR5

Many thanks for your help
    Nick

Last edited: Feb 21, 2013
  2. Member 642814

Member 642814
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would go for a fanless graphics card. I find those tiny fans are very noisy. Either that or mount a proper silent fan on your GPU which might not be practical in that low profile case.

Did not check the rest of your specs.

3. tvmcp

tvmcp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    If you went for an AMD FM2 processor and compatible board, you would have the possibilty of up to a 7760D GPU built in with no extra GPU card or fans to worry about.
    Change the cooler to a quiet one such as the Scythe Shuriken, and you'd have a quiet cpu as well, as the standard ones aren't that great for either AMD or Intel.

4. LJx

LJx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +447
    Looks fine to me, the motherboard is the correct size for the case and the right socket for the CPU. RAM is DDDR3 7750 DDR5 will give you good performance in games. Just make sure it's the low profile version, because they make a normal version too