1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media hub advice needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by gil2, Oct 2, 2005.

1. gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    i`m just testing the water here guys some input and ideas is always appreciated

we are gona be moving soon ish and i`m thinking about setting up a media hub type setup thats wireless in the new house

what i`d like is a single PC in control of all media inc , dvd archives , music, radio even sly if possible , and i`d want 5 rooms to recieve it in , kitchen , lounge and 3 beds

i have a spare pc thats a 3000+ 2.16 amd and no hard disk so a decent sized hard disk would be needed in there , it would also need connection to a wireless router maybe but from there on in i need advice what would i need to recieve the wireless streamed media ??

my bro has a roku audio thingy which recieves streamed audio from his server in his garage and it works a treat , is there a device that recieves video as well as audio ?? the video fed to a tv and the audio to a small set of powered speakers maybe

advice and ideas please guys :thumbsup: