Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

media hub advice needed

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by gil2, Oct 2, 2005.

1. gil2

gil2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i`m just testing the water here guys some input and ideas is always appreciated

we are gona be moving soon ish and i`m thinking about setting up a media hub type setup thats wireless in the new house

what i`d like is a single PC in control of all media inc , dvd archives , music, radio even sly if possible , and i`d want 5 rooms to recieve it in , kitchen , lounge and 3 beds

i have a spare pc thats a 3000+ 2.16 amd and no hard disk so a decent sized hard disk would be needed in there , it would also need connection to a wireless router maybe but from there on in i need advice what would i need to recieve the wireless streamed media ??

my bro has a roku audio thingy which recieves streamed audio from his server in his garage and it works a treat , is there a device that recieves video as well as audio ?? the video fed to a tv and the audio to a small set of powered speakers maybe

advice and ideas please guys :thumbsup: