1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media for Toshiba RDXS32

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by tonykinson, Nov 11, 2004.

1. tonykinson

tonykinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

First posting to this forum. I'm expecting delivery of a Toshiba RDXS32 multi-region by the weekend, and wondered what media RDXS32 owners recommended? If anyone can point me in the direction of inkjet printable, blank DVD's (write once & re-write) that work well with the RDXS32, I would be most grateful.

cheers

Tony

2. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Tony
    Im using Maxell RW-.... absolutly no problems!!.... Ive even sent copies to friends with different make DVD players and the disks play no trouble...

I do find that after recording and deleting several times over the recording time starts to reduce (because of all the junk thats left behind)..... You simply re-format the disk and its like new again.... (just like a PC)

Its a great unit.... but takes a while to get used to, mainly because of all the options...... Enjoy!!!
    Regards John

3. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the only place I use:

www.digitalpromo.co.uk

Great service and helpful staff plus a good range of printable -R discs :clap: .

4. tonykinson

tonykinson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the feedback re discs. Still getting to grips with the Tosh - but so far its living up to the feedback on these forums.

5. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Alicat
    Thats looks a good site to buy from..... Many thanks for that!!
    Can I ask you what brands have you tried and do you have a preference...???? (-R and -WR)

Thanks John

6. alicat

alicat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used -R 4x printable Datasafe discs mainly. I suggest you ring them first and ask if they can put together a sample pack for you to try.

I didn't bother with -RW because I used the hard drive most of the time and when I did burn to disc, I used the above.

I now have some 8x Datasafe that digitalpromo raved about and I have to say they have been fantastic and burn at 12x in my Pioneer 108 PC burner....(more than you want to know probably and slightly :offtopic: )

7. Kazzam

Kazzam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am using Datasafe RW at 45pence from www.svp.co.uk is very good indeed. I have just aquired my RDXS32 and I am delighted with it. Very good recorder. I bought the recorder from www.rgbdirect.co.uk for under £325.
    Regards Kazzam

8. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Well done Kazzam....!!
    Ive had mine for about 8 months now and i still find myself saying to the wife.... "This is amazing...!!!" "its impossible to tell that what we are watching is a recording.....!!!".....

Also dont forget the great audio quality from this unit!!??...... the sound via my Mission 77 series speaker system is simply outstanding......

I also have a Technomate TM 5500 DAPCI Multi-satellite receiver coupled to a Motorised 1.2 meter dish (see below)..... and some of the Russian, Turkish, Arabic, and Greek Music and Dance I have recorded on disk is simply brilliant....!!!

I do have a lot of the same sort of stuff that was recorded on tape off these foreign channels as far back as 1993.... but they are rapidly deteriorating now so its good to get those copied on disk as well!!

Regards John

Attached Files:

9. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Any good quality discs based on the Ritek G04 dye should work a treat - i've used Datasafe/Datawrite in the past brand-wise, but their new CMC Titanium discs don't seem to offer good compatibility across the board. Rarely will you have an issue with tried-and-tested dyes like G04 tho.
    SVP can supply you with a box of 50 (Ritek branded) printable G04 discs for just under a tenner. Bargain :)
    item number is (DV 3167) if you're interested....

10. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Good to know that El JimBob i usualy buy DataWrite Grays off SVP but I see theyve stopped manufacture of them

11. Jungle

Jungle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    John,

Have you find the IR code for your Technomate Satellite receiver. I have a similar model (T5000-D) but I could not find an IR code to change the channel from my XS32.

regards

Jungle

12. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Jungle
    Afraid I never use IR channel changing on my Technomate....
    I only do spontaneous recording... (if I see something I like, I manualy record it !!)... many foreign channels don't have any schedules for me to program to.... so I don't see the point of bothering with IR Channel switching.
    Regards John

13. SGM26

SGM26

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

Tony

I have used Memorex, Maxell and TDK. The DVD-R worked well and played on other machines. I did experience problems with TDK. At least two out of 25 failed. Be sure to finalize the disk before deleting the originals, I had a disk with a defect near the edge, and it allowed me copy to the first half but then failed completely when I tried to add more.

I have used Memorex --RW and they worked fine too but do not do as well in other machines.

None of the ones I mentioned are designed to be printed on by an inkjet, and I don’t do that anyway

I really like my sx32.

14. JohnC

JohnC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for some useful information there..... I would just like to add that some people are under the impression printable DVD's can be printed on by ordinary inject printers..... this is not the case.... you have to buy a special printer to do the job!!
    John

15. phancey

phancey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'd be careful with rgbdirect. They sold me a "multiregion" JVC dvd recorder. I don't use discs outside Region 2 as a matter of course but thought it was useful to get multiregion for the extra few quid "in case".

Well my niece brought a Region 1 disc at the weekend and guess what - it didn't work - region code error.

Spoke to rgbdirect and I've got to pay to get it back to them for "faulty goods"! They expected me to have fully tested every aspect of the machine within 28 days (it's now 3 months since I bought it). With equipment of this complex nature (see the manual) it is unreasonable for you to have tested all functionality within 28 days. I willl be speaking to trading standards.

While I'm here - if you do go for rgbdirect despite my warnings - I recommend not buying the extras from them (discs, scart leads etc). They tempt you in with a low price on the recorder and expect people to select the accessories where they make a killing!

Phil