Media for HS2, again!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by speedy_gonzales, Jun 10, 2003.

1. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    could someone with an HS2 please look at the following link and give me some advice.
    Just got an HS2 recently and haven't bought any dvd-r's yet. The 'makes' on the page I think are suitable are the Datawrite yellows(tub of 50) or the Datasafe Riteks(tubs of 25). Both have the purple writing surface that i've been told to look out for.
    Anyone confirm these would be ok or are there any better disks on the page that would be more suitable?

2. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Would help if I posted the link!

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/FOR_DVD_R_RW_CLICK_HERE.html

See, told you I needed help!

3. sparkybun

sparkybun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Hi,

Can't answer your question and hope you don't think I'm hijacking! Gives you a bump! Does the HS2 take the caddy or caddyless RAM disks?

Thanks

Mel

4. speedy_gonzales

speedy_gonzales
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AFAIK it takes both. When I bought mine a couple of weeks back it came with both in the packaging and I have used the Caddied RAM successfully

5. ferris57

ferris57
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The yellows don't have the purple writting surface you have been told to look out for.

Basically for a long time a deep purple dye manufactured by ritek has been considered the most compatible.

The dye on the yellows is a light coloured purple dye and totally different. The riteks you mentioned do have this dye.

However, I have heard a growing number of panny owners say they have had problems with the ritek dye. However I would imagine this has been with unbranded riteks or ritek ones (which may suffer batch inconsistities or even have changed their dye) and probably not these ones as these are the origional ones that have not been available for a while by the looks of them. As for the yellows they are a good reliable, compatible budget disk.

I myself used both on my e30 and had no problems with either.

On a side note, the samsung bealls are the disk of choice amognst american panny owners but I have no experience of these.

With the growing number of panny owners having problems with riteks though, my advise would be go for the yellows for your cheap day to day recordings (although personally I would buy the riteks from my experience of them). However if you want to archieve important stuff or make important recordings I would by the individual (and not spindle) Verbatims

{DV 310} Verbatim (2x) 4.7g DVD-R disc in jewel case

Hope this helps.