Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4 - PART 6

I'm using CF 4.1.2 and "update package list from internet" doesn't update EPG, it stays at 1.7. I presume I need to be using CF 4.1.3 but can't find any still active links to download it.

Please can somebody tell me where I can find CF 4.1.3.

Thanks.

And many thanks to all those who fixed the epg problem.

Hi Johnboy3

After updating from internet you need to click on upgrades tab in package management?

Hi Johnboy3

After updating from internet you need to click on upgrades tab in package management?
Hi Railway
Excellent, that did it I'm now running epg 1.9.
There are some other upgrades available for the webif but I'm keen to update the whole CF package to 1.4.3, do you know where I can find that?
Thanks.

Update for EPG problem is now available. (happy days are here again) :)

If you go to Package Management in webif and click "update package list from internet" the update will show. Epg 1.9.0 "
epg' and 'channels' utilities. These parse epg and channel data into two SQLite databases used by the Web Interface. Command line options are available for use within batch scripts".

Just tried it and all working fine again.

Big thank you to all who contributed to problem resolution.

Andrew
I hope I'm missing something...

I've applied the new epg package update, but I still get..
"New EPG data has been found and is being processed. This should be completed within five minutes."
and nothing appears on the epg log.
I've tried a reboot, still get an empty epg with the message.
Is there some housekeeping I need to do?

Alistair

PS - Forget it, just my impatience, EPG has now appeared!!
Took quite a while to process.

Last edited:
Wasn't able to get on line yesterday evening to post that the fix had been published in the repository. Seems that good news travels very quickly though! Glad it's working for everyone.

Great work adrian and all who keep us HDR users happy bunnies
Wasn't able to get on line yesterday evening to post that the fix had been published in the repository. Seems that good news travels very quickly though! Glad it's working for everyone.

As you were late to the party we decided to start without you.

Your contribution didn’t go unnoticed though. :)

When I click on "Update package list from Internet", I'm getting:

wget: bad address 'hpkg.tv'

Downloading http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/Packages.gz.

Collected errors:

* opkg_download: Failed to download http://hpkg.tv/foxsat/base/Packages.gz, wget returned 1.

Updating package meta information.

What am I doing wrong ? I can manually download and unpack Packages.gz from that URL - but where do I then put the Packages file on the Humax ?

Update:

From some posts earlier in this thread, I deduce that the problem may be related to DNS, in that the Foxsat can't resolve hpkg.tv.

I see that the site uses an IP6 address, so that may be one reason - my Foxsat is connected to the router via a wifi dongle, and I suspect it only supports IP4. Of course, there may be another reason.

Anyway, I've successfully downloaded epg_1.9.0_mips.opk on a PC, so I assume I could install it manually if only I knew how, ie where it needs to go on the Foxsat, and what the install command is.

Can anyone help?

MTIA
Dave

@DaveReading can you telnet to your foxsat and issue this command
nslookup hpkg.tv

You should get something like this -
Server: 192.168.2.1
Address 1: 192.168.2.1 1.2.168.192.in-addr.arpa

Name: hpkg.tv
Address 1: 2a00:5600:1600::50 rs.6.hpkg.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.6.1.0.0.6.5.0.0.a.2.ip6.arpa
Address 2: 89.248.55.75 rs.hpkg.tv

Anyway, I've successfully downloaded epg_1.9.0_mips.opk on a PC, so I assume I could install it manually if only I knew how, ie where it needs to go on the Foxsat, and what the install command is.
You have two options to achieve this.

1) Place the opk on the root of a USB stick formatted as FAT32. The Foxsat is notorious for "not liking" large USB sticks so find one as small as possible. Insert the USB stick into the front USB port and reboot the box. The opk should automatically be installed when the device boots and you should end up with a log file of the same name on the USB stick if that has worked successfully.

2) Copy the opk to anywhere on the Foxsat e.g. via one of the Samba shares. Let's assume you copy it to the Media share and the "opt" folder. Telnet onto the foxsat. From memory (not able to check now) you'll be in the media folder once you've telnet'd in. Type "cd opt" to move to the opt folder where you copied the file and then type "opkg install epg_1.9.0_mips.opk" (assuming you haven't renamed the file).

Many thanks for all the responses.

I'm happy to report that adrianf36's second method worked, using my FTP client to post the file and then opkg via Telnet to install it.

I'm assuming that the reason I can't see any content in the EPG yet is that I need to wait for the overnight download.

I'm assuming that the reason I can't see any content in the EPG yet is that I need to wait for the overnight download.
Yes and no. If you do nothing then yes, the housekeeping cycle will download a new EPG which will be processed by the custom firmware when you first switch the Humax on after that.

Alternatively, you can press the "Guide" button on your remote to force the Humax to download a new copy of the EPG. Whilst in the guide page, wait until the audio returns, and then reboot the box. The custom firmware should pick up the newly downloaded copy of the EPG and process it (which will take five minutes or so).

First check that you have epg 1.9 installed by opening the Web Interface, click on Package Management and the Installed tab should include epg 1.9.0.

To update the EPG on the Web Interface, while watching a channel through the Foxsat on a TV open the EPG on the Foxsat and wait for the "retreiving EPG" (or similar) message at the top right to clear.

Reboot the Foxsat.

After 5 to 10 minutes the EPG should be available on the Web Interface.

Yes and no. If you do nothing then yes, the housekeeping cycle will download a new EPG which will be processed by the custom firmware when you first switch the Humax on after that.

Alternatively, you can press the "Guide" button on your remote to force the Humax to download a new copy of the EPG. Whilst in the guide page, wait until the audio returns, and then reboot the box. The custom firmware should pick up the newly downloaded copy of the EPG and process it (which will take five minutes or so).
adrianf36 - I'm sorry, our postings crossed in preparation, I didn't see your last post until after I'd sent mine.

You know what'd be nice .... :)

Just occurred to me, probably lots of people do what I do; go to the EPG select Film/Drama and scan the list for good Films coming up . When the Foxsat launched using the TV you could do a similar search sorted by name, but nowadays it always exceeds 255, so it's of less use.

It occured to, since nowadays most Movies get shown dozens of time in a week, a sort by name UNIQUE would be great, since it would be a much shorter list. The hyperlink need only link to a search for name (like the email alert does) but it'd be possible to do "better" as it's essentially a Pivot table , so the cells could be the individual instances.

Update:

From some posts earlier in this thread, I deduce that the problem may be related to DNS, in that the Foxsat can't resolve hpkg.tv.

I see that the site uses an IP6 address, so that may be one reason - my Foxsat is connected to the router via a wifi dongle, and I suspect it only supports IP4. Of course, there may be another reason.

Can anyone help?

MTIA
Dave
Seems to have both V4 and V6

Code:
set q=a
 hpkg.tv

Server:        10.117.0.152
Address:    10.117.0.152#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    hpkg.tv
Address: 89.248.55.75
set q=aaaa
 hpkg.tv

Server:        10.117.0.152
Address:    10.117.0.152#53

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    hpkg.tv
Address: 2a00:5600:1600::50

You know what'd be nice .... :)

Just occurred to me, probably lots of people do what I do; go to the EPG select Film/Drama and scan the list for good Films coming up . When the Foxsat launched using the TV you could do a similar search sorted by name, but nowadays it always exceeds 255, so it's of less use.

It occured to, since nowadays most Movies get shown dozens of time in a week, a sort by name UNIQUE would be great, since it would be a much shorter list. The hyperlink need only link to a search for name (like the email alert does) but it'd be possible to do "better" as it's essentially a Pivot table , so the cells could be the individual instances.

An option would be to download the SQLite epg database from the Humax and run a simple SQL query. Films can be identified as Contentcode = 1.

Just got the update working (although the EPG data only seemed to vanish last week). Many thanks all for those who worked on it.

I did finally look at the mail push thing - am I right in thinking it looks for a programme name I specify and then email if it is going to be on so I can set the recorder and not miss it? Say, Ever Decreasing Circles?

One of my Foxsat HDRs changes the Ip address after I send a file to it via Samba. It is set as a static address on my router but as soon as the file finishes downloading its shown at a random address and connection time is shown as a few minutes. Any suggestions as to what is happening/ (it has worked ok for many years, never had a problem like this before)

Hi Caldirun
Have you reserved the ip address on your router.
I set the Foxsat HDR to DHCP but the router will always give it the same ip address.
If not reserved the router could give HDRs ip address to something else, also I think the HDR prefers to be set to DHCP.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom