Quantcast

Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4 - PART 6

macintosh

Novice Member
I've restored 1031 and 1032.
Thank you sincerely for that.

Not that it makes any difference, but to avoid any confusion for those interested, the original posts I had previously referred to were at that time numbered 1030 and 1031. I can confirm that they have now been restored correctly and in their entirety and are now numbered 1031 and 1032.

It was never my intention to offend anyone on this forum. Admittedly very rarely, but nonetheless all to often, it is noticeable that an underlying ‘air of authority’ and dismissiveness occasionally prevails from some long-established members in particular, which is likely to discourage ‘novices’ (in this particular area of expertise) pursuing an issue for which they may be badly in need of some help.

Einstein is reported to have said "We are all geniuses. You should never judge a fish by its inability to climb a tree"

Most of the worthwhile advice and help I’ve received over the years (in this and in other disciplines) has been gained more often than not from open discussions on forums like this.

If a forum is to be of benefit to all-comers no-one should be discouraged from seeking advice or offering an opinion for fear of being put down by what in some instances might be regarded as a passive aggressive type response.

ps … does this mean that my other 3 more recent posts are likely to survive the censor’s scissors as well?
Only joking!

Thanks again.

logiciel

You're welcome.
This is one thread that I never censor, mainly because I don't understand it.

zekepliskin

Novice Member
I have a lot to read/learn I think :) Thanks again, much appreciated.
Well the beauty of it is, the CF is as simple or as complex as you need. It's worth the effort just to be able to have a web interface you can see on the WAN or LAN, and to get reminders about upcoming stuff on a kind of "wishlist" by email so you can record it, or use the Housekeeping function to auto-manage things that fit certain criteria (for example no more than 10 copies of one particular show so you don't end up with hundreds which slows down the interface on the box itself), you can also organise folders etc by FTP so each show can have episodes grouped by series and a separate one just for films. The functionality added brings it closer to something like the TiVo without the problem of a subscription charge. Pretty impressive really considering it's free... I've been running versions of it for about three years now without major issues.

I particularly like being able to stream unencrypted HD feeds through Kodi on my MacBook Air and Fire TV via UPnP and to my PS3/PS4 via DLNA as needed too. That's one huge bonus feature that is neither easy nor practical to do with any other paid for service. Once you have the TS files you can put them anywhere, I might choose to copy some to the SD card on my smartphone for watching on the go, for example.

logiciel

See what I meant?!

macintosh

Novice Member
See what I meant?!
Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! … the most hilarious one-liner comment I’ve heard in years. Your talent for comedy (and brevity) is wasted on here.
Having read through all 150 pages several times over, myself... approx 3,750 posts, times ’n’, (and that’s only in regard to version 4) I’m embarrassed to admit I understood all of that.

I need to get out more.

Last edited:

logiciel

Brevity is my middle name.
No need to get out - we all have our own unique talents!

logiciel

:D

bytesback

Novice Member
Sorry if I have posted this question in the wrong area, I am using the convert-ts v1.0 for the Humax Foxsat HDR, by raydon & adrianf36 plugin. It works great but I wanted to find out if there was a way of running it for all unconverted files every hour (as a scheduled task). I have used the command line with the plugin but you have to specify the file name, I couldn't seem to find a wildcard option. Thanks in advance.

David500

Why do you want it carried out every hour?

In the Convert File documentation, configuration it explains how to change the settings, which when set to Auto will run each time the HDR is booted, except for the 3am housekeeping boot.

bytesback

Novice Member
My Sony Bravia will only play files once converted, if I have a recording at 1pm and I go to watch it at 4pm, I would have to log on to the browser to manually convert file and wait for it to process. It would be great if I could just have a schedule to use the command line functions of convert-ts v1.0 so it checks for any new recordings every hour and converts them if found.

raydon

My Sony Bravia will only play files once converted, if I have a recording at 1pm and I go to watch it at 4pm, I would have to log on to the browser to manually convert file and wait for it to process. It would be great if I could just have a schedule to use the command line functions of convert-ts v1.0 so it checks for any new recordings every hour and converts them if found.
you need to install the crond package and use it to set up an hourly cron job to run the following command :
/opt/bin/jimsh /opt/webif/plugin/convertfiles/convertfiles.jim

bytesback

Novice Member
you need to install the crond package and use it to set up an hourly cron job to run the following command :
/opt/bin/jimsh /opt/webif/plugin/convertfiles/convertfiles.jim
Hi raydon, thanks for your reply, I had installed crond so I tried to add a job with the command you suggested. I connected to the foxsat using telnet, from the command line I typed crontab -e, I wanted to add the job "0 * * * * /opt/bin/jimsh /opt/webif/plugin/convertfiles/convertfiles.jim" but I am obviously doing something wrong. When I googled how to set up a cron job the editor in the examples looks completely different. Sorry but can you give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.

raydon

Hi raydon, thanks for your reply, I had installed crond so I tried to add a job with the command you suggested. I connected to the foxsat using telnet, from the command line I typed crontab -e, I wanted to add the job "0 * * * * /opt/bin/jimsh /opt/webif/plugin/convertfiles/convertfiles.jim" but I am obviously doing something wrong. When I googled how to set up a cron job the editor in the examples looks completely different. Sorry but can you give me some guidance. Thanks in advance.
Rather than using crontab (which uses vi editor) to add a cron job, try editing the file /opt/etc/cron/crontabs/root using an editor that does not add carriage returns as well as line feeds to the end of each line. e.g. Notepad ++. Much easier than vi.
Here's what this file looks like on a new install of crond.
Code:
#  +------------ Minute            (range: 0-59)
#  | +---------- Hour              (range: 0-23)
#  | | +-------- Day of the Month  (range: 1-31)
#  | | | +------ Month of the Year (range: 1-12)
#  | | | | +---- Day of the Week   (range: 1-7) 1 = Monday
#  | | | | | +-- Year              (range: 1900-3000)
#  * * * * * *

*/30 * * * * date >> /opt/tmp/cron.log
The default job simply sends a date stamp to the file /opt/tmp/cron.log just to determine that the daemon is working.
Simply replace this last line with your custom command.

Last edited:

bytesback

Novice Member
Rather than using crontab (which uses vi editor) to add a cron job, try editing the file /opt/etc/cron/crontabs/root using an editor that does not add carriage returns as well as line feeds to the end of each line. e.g. Notepad ++. Much easier than vi.
Here's what this file looks like on a new install of crond.
Code:
#  +------------ Minute            (range: 0-59)
#  | +---------- Hour              (range: 0-23)
#  | | | +------ Month of the Year (range: 1-12)
#  | | | | +---- Day of the Week   (range: 1-7) 1 = Monday
#  | | | | | +-- Year              (range: 1900-3000)
#  * * * * * *

*/30 * * * * date >> /opt/tmp/cron.log
The default job simply sends a date stamp to the file /opt/tmp/cron.log just to determine that the daemon is working.
Simply replace this last line with your custom command.
Hi raydon, finally got a chance to try this out, thank you very much for taking the time to help it is very much appreciated.

logiciel

Thread should have been split a while back.
Want to do it now raydon, and if so from where??

raydon

Thread should have been split a while back.
Want to do it now raydon, and if so from where??
Yes, sure thing logi. Can you can split it so that my post 1026 becomes the first post in the new thread ? That way I can edit in the thread header as per this thread. Thanks.

TJT1

Why bother? SkyQ has 3,300 odd posts, and that hasn't been split.
I suppose you could argue that this thread has a much, much higher percentage of sensible posts though.
Like "My sky Q is going to be installed on Friday". Really? Am I or anyone else supposed to be interested? I thought that TwitFace was the place for daily blogs.:)

Last edited:

Jono8800

Novice Member
Hello all - it's been a while since I last posted and I hope I'm not stepping on anyone's toes, but I've compiled a list of channels that don't have the Default Authority set.

Jono

--5STAR+1 (132)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.channel5.com' where usSvcID='7717';
--CBS Reality (135)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.chellozone.com' where usSvcID='55214';
--CBS Reality +1 (136)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.chellozone.com' where usSvcID='55217';
--CBS Action (137)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.chellozone.com' where usSvcID='55209';
--horror channel (138)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.chellozone.com' where usSvcID='55202';
--True Crime (143)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='chartshow.tv' where usSvcID='53700';
--Pick (144)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='Picktv.sky.com' where usSvcID='4751';
--Challenge (145)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.challenge.co.uk' where usSvcID='6031';
--Challenge +1 (146)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.challenge.co.uk' where usSvcID='6026';
--Travel Ch +1 (152)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.travelchannel.co.uk' where usSvcID='52100';
--True Drama (153)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.truemovies.com' where usSvcID='53380';
--Pick +1 (159)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='Picktv.sky.com' where usSvcID='5107';
--PBS America (160)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.pbsamerica.co.uk' where usSvcID='52505';
--YourTV (161)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.yourtv-uk.com' where usSvcID='52540';
--Sky News (202)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='news.sky.com' where usSvcID='4704';
--Al Jazeera Eng (203)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='infomedia.lu' where usSvcID='50395';
--Magic (510)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.channel4.com' where usSvcID='53720';
--Tiny Pop +1 (609)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.tinypop.com' where usSvcID='53345';
--Forces TV (652)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.forces.tv' where usSvcID='6033';

--BBCRadioFoyle (717)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='fp.bbc.co.uk' where usSvcID='10391';
--Smooth RadioUK (732)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.gmgradio.com' where usSvcID='55132';
--RTE Radio 1 (750)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.rte.ie' where usSvcID='2811';
--RTE 2fm (751)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.rte.ie' where usSvcID='2812';
--RTE Lyric fm (752)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.rte.ie' where usSvcID='2814';
--RTE RnaG (753)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.rte.ie' where usSvcID='2813';
--Gems TV (805)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.gemstv.co.uk' where usSvcID='52520';
--JewelleryMaker (807)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='www.jewellerymaker.com' where usSvcID='53705';

--BBC One ScotHD (973)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='fp.bbc.co.uk' where usSvcID='8901';
--BBC One NI HD (978)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='fp.bbc.co.uk' where usSvcID='6943';
--BBC ALBA 2AUD (1997)
update tbl_svc set aucDefaultAuthority='fp.bbc.co.uk' where usSvcID='6424';

pixelpidgeon

Distinguished Member
Hi. Just tried to record a program on ch5hd and im getting 'No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording.' Is there any way to resolve this? cheers

pixelpidgeon

Distinguished Member
Hi Raydon. Thanks. Unfortunately since doing a Package management update from the internet this morning i am still getting 'No default authority data available for this channel. Unable to set the recording.' for ch5hd (however the channel icon has updated) but now also same notification for bbc1hd, bbchd, bbc4hd and ch4hd. Do i need to restart the humax box itself or do a new freesat scan from the box? cheers

*edit* switching the humax box off and back on again did the trick. thanks again for your help @raydon :)

Last edited:

Trending threads

Latest News

MQA expands global partnerships for high end experience
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung 2020 TV app lineup upgraded
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Film festivals move online: We Are One starts 29th May
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published