Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0 - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, first you should uninstall samba 2.2.12 via the web interface, then download the samba_2.0.10-1_mips.opk installer file from HERE. Put it on a USB stick and plug in into your HDR while it is fully booted. then wait a minute or so for it to complete. When it has completed the opk file will have been renamed to opk.done and a log file named opk.install.log created with details of the install process.
THANK YOU!
I had been struggling to find a solution to this problem (I think it must have come from the 4.00.07 update but I have been using my WDliveTV to watch movies and have not sent any media files to the Foxsat).
I did what you said and then had to change the samba config file to the multi-folders version, all now works as perfectly as it has in the past, great!!
Is it my Vista x64 causing this conflict with samba 2.2.12, just wondering why it has not been noticed before by someone, or has it and I have not read the posts?
To test it I did the alterations on my Foxsat then tested downloads, I then tried to download the same files to my wife's Foxsat, no go! now to do hers the same.
Thanks again for all your efforts, I could not believe how fast the 4.00.08 firmware came out, excellent work by all involved.

reformatting the USB stick (and then using a previous downloaded 4.0.8 hdf) solved the problem

It must be 3768.0000 otherwise the firmware would not have flashed successfully.

Confirmed via menu too.

Wierd that same stick (with other data on it) prior to reformat would quite happily work with 4.0.7 hdf loaded but not with 4.0.8. Moral (for me) is to understand that Foxsat is picky when it comes to USB updating and try reformatted stick if any future problems occur.

Confirmed via menu too.

Wierd that same stick (with other data on it) prior to reformat would quite happily work with 4.0.7 hdf loaded but not with 4.0.8. Moral (for me) is to understand that Foxsat is picky when it comes to USB updating and try reformatted stick if any future problems occur.
A bit of speculation but I would think the difference is the length of the hdf.
It have been consistently noted that a freshly formatted stick works best, I think it may be due to an expectation that the hdf file is contiguous (which would always be the case with a freshly formatted stick). Perhaps even deleted files on the stick can effect this.

The loader performs quite a lot of checks on the hdf before it tries to flash it – the error it gave was an incorrect system ID – perhaps this was stored in a fragmented part of the file on the stick?

A bit of speculation but I would think the difference is the length of the hdf.
It have been consistently noted that a freshly formatted stick works best, I think it may be due to an expectation that the hdf file is contiguous (which would always be the case with a freshly formatted stick). Perhaps even deleted files on the stick can effect this.

The loader performs quite a lot of checks on the hdf before it tries to flash it – the error it gave was an incorrect system ID – perhaps this was stored in a fragmented part of the file on the stick?

I have observed this on several ocassions. However in this case the first thing I tried with the problem download was to reformat the stick (the problem download was copied to a freshly formatted stick anyway). The reformat didn't help. The second download worked immediately.

I didn't bother posting iniitially, just put it down to a duff file.

I have observed this on several ocassions. However in this case the first thing I tried with the problem download was to reformat the stick (the problem download was copied to a freshly formatted stick anyway). The reformat didn't help. The second download worked immediately.

I didn't bother posting iniitially, just put it down to a duff file.

I have seen several posts where the file must have had download errors. (Error: E-HC/bC) and a redownload solved it.

Thanks to Raydon for this amazingly prompt update.

I have seen several posts where the file must have had download errors. (Error: E-HC/bC) and a redownload solved it.

Mine was the E-ID error. Files had same number of bytes. Perhaps should have done a bit by bit comparison.

EDIT

Now compared the 2 files, they are identical. The corruption must have ocurred as the file was transferred to usb. Same procedure for both, bizarre the first file failed twice, the second worked instantly. Confused any ideas ? Transferred from same drive, just different folders.

Last edited:
Mine was the E-ID error. Files had same number of bytes. Perhaps should have done a bit by bit comparison.

EDIT

Now compared the 2 files, they are identical. The corruption must have ocurred as the file was transferred to usb. Same procedure for both, bizarre the first file failed twice, the second worked instantly. Confused any ideas ? Transferred from same drive, just different folders.

If you reformatted both times identically then no idea.

Humax's error code: E-Id
Definition : Invalid System ID
Possible Remedy To Rectify Error : This Error Can Occur When You Attempt To Download Software not meant for receiver or sysid has become corrupted. Check The STB Model And The Software.

If you reformatted both times identically then no idea.

Humax's error code: E-Id
Definition : Invalid System ID
Possible Remedy To Rectify Error : This Error Can Occur When You Attempt To Download Software not meant for receiver or sysid has become corrupted. Check The STB Model And The Software.

Just right clicked in Windows and used quick format each time (3 times, once before copying the first download to usb, repeated a 2nd time with original file and again before the final copy). With hindsight I could have compared the same file on usb with the original. Just one of life's little mysteries :D.

Last edited:
For some reason my laptops have stopped connecting to the HDR. I'm getting "unable to open http.... Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server"

I've rebooted both laptops and restarted the HDR (with the remote). I've checked the address in the on screen menu and it's correct. I've restaretd the router.

any thoughts?

Have you tried pinging the HDR's IP address from your laptop?

For some reason my laptops have stopped connecting to the HDR. I'm getting "unable to open http.... Cannot locate the internet server or proxy server"

I've rebooted both laptops and restarted the HDR (with the remote). I've checked the address in the on screen menu and it's correct. I've restaretd the router.

any thoughts?
see previous post - changed DHCP IP? then allocate on router.

sorry - replied out of sequence...

CPN - i haven't pinged, please could you tell me how?
repassac - I cant find the post. is it in this thread and please could you tell me the post number?

Open a CMD prompt and type:

ping ipaddress

Where ipaddress=hdr's ip address

it says it sent 4, received 4 and lost none...

Ok, at least we know you have raw network connectivity. What browser are using? Clear it's cache of all the garbage and try connecting again to your HDR...

i'm using ie9.
i cleared the temp files and tried again but still won't connect

i'm using ie9.
i cleared the temp files and tried again but still won't connect

OK,
Several possabilities -
1. Do you see the custom firmware message when you boot the Foxsat (4.0.8)
if not you need to flash the new 4.0.8 firmware as the OTA has wipped 4.0.7
2. samba is not running - try and telnet to the foxsat and enter:
service auto mongoose
service start mongoose

thanks - i'll check these. does the OTA always rob you of your custom software?

thanks - i'll check these. does the OTA always rob you of your custom software?
Well not rob, everything is still present on disk - as soon as you flash the updated version (released before the OTA) you will back where you were.
Any OTA with a higher version number than installed will do it.

so i need to go through the usb stick procedure again, same as first time?

thanks for that. please could you remind me where to download it from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom