Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0 - PART 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we could - but what would we do with it. It's of no use within your lan

Agree it's little use on the private LAN but remote record is immensely popular on Sky so this would be away of implementing something similar for HDR users? Just a thought :)

Agree it's little use on the private LAN but remote record is immensely popular on Sky so this would be away of implementing something similar for HDR users? Just a thought :)

Excuse the typos - system won't let me correct currently.
Remote record on Sky works very differently - changes are broadcast by Sky to a Sky+ box. They do not go by TCP/IP.

To get there by TCP/IP they would need to know the IP address or a F.Q.D.Name - this may be possible in some cases for them (If Sky is the ISP but not if they are not).

Excuse the typos - system won't let me correct currently.
Remote record on Sky works very differently - changes are broadcast by Sky to a Sky+ box. They do not go by TCP/IP.

To get there by TCP/IP they would need to know the IP address or a F.Q.D.Name - this may be possible in some cases for them (If Sky is the ISP but not if they are not).

Sorry to clarify the web interface would of course be used on the tv guide/remote record side of things. The only problem is that if my public IP is reassigned two days into a two week holiday, I can't access it no more :-( Additionally, a Windows solution wouldn't work as I don't leave my PC on for long periods.

Of course standardizing this as a package negates the need to register with 3rd party companies for dynamic DNS service free or not so it works straight out of the box :D

Of course standardizing this as a package negates the need to register with 3rd party companies for dynamic DNS service free or not so it works straight out of the box :D

I really don't think you understand:
1. Your IP changes every few days. You are in Spain. All you have is internet access.
2. To get to your HDR you need to determine what the current routable IP is. The only way to do this is for an external server or service to know it.
3. Some external service is always needed, it is just not possible to solve this totally on a HDR connected to a dynamic IP.

Hence the package provides a client which works with dynamic dns servers. (there may also be a client in your router, but usually no choice of provider).

I really don't think you understand:
1. Your IP changes every few days. You are in Spain. All you have is internet access.
2. To get to your HDR you need to determine what the current routable IP is. The only way to do this is for an external server or service to know it.
3. Some external service is always needed, it is just not possible to solve this totally on a HDR connected to a dynamic IP.

Hence the package provides a client which works with dynamic dns servers. (there may also be a client in your router, but usually no choice of provider).

Lol I do understand. That is why like I mentioned earlier the HDR would discover the IP and email to a chosen email address periodically.

Lol I do understand. That is why like I mentioned earlier the HDR would discover the IP and email to a chosen email address periodically.

While this would be possible it would be far from ideal.

Many isp's drop connections are periods of inactivity and reconnect when necessry - usually dynamic DNS servers are updated say between 5-15 min intervals because of this.

That would be a lot of near idential mails, while it is possible to send them directly (from your dynamic ip), it would be better via your ISP with a strong possability of them being flagged as spam.

Dynamic DNS servers and client are designed for exactly this purpose. While is necessary to signup to a service - this is simple to do.

Hi
Downloaded The file again from the link in this post (raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.8)

File size 8.119KB (NOT ZIP)

Pasted it in to usb drive, plug in usb to humax whilst in standby Held standby button on front panal of box.
Still getting E-ID

Any ideas

Thanks

Hi
Downloaded The file again from the link in this post (raydon's_Media_and_File_Server_Bundle_for_the_Foxsat_HDR_release_4.0.8)

Pasted it in to usb drive, plug in usb to humax whilst in standby Held standby button on front panal of box.
Still getting E-ID

Any ideas
Well you have the correct filesize and name - can you go to > setup > system > Diag and see if it is 3768?

But no really, can you try downloading the Humax firmware and flashing it please
as it would be interesting as if, I expect, it says the same - then we can seek more assistance.

Last edited:
Well you have the correct filesize and name - can you go to > setup > system > Diag and see if it is 3768?

Same thing happened to me, so I downloaded via the My Hummy Wiki. No problems after that.

Hi

I've just joined this forum to specifically say a huge 'thank you' to Raydon for his software!

I've just installed v4.0.8 this evening with no problems and it works perfectly.

Incidentally, the web remote control works more reliably on my mobile phone browser that the actual remote sometimes, although it does confuse my wife when she changes a channel and I change it back :)

Seriously, many thanks again to you Raydon and everyone else who has posted helpful comments on this forum.

All the very best,

Neville

Check out the thread on the webif remote macro button capability. I hate using the standard remote anymore :rotfl:

Attachments

• RemoteMacros.jpg
    RemoteMacros.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 397
Many thanks Graham. Are you referring to the thread entitled 'Android Wifi Remote' or a different thread?

*EDIT* - I just found it! "Macros for The Foxsat Webif Remote" Brilliant - thank you.

Just confused my wife again who is watching a film in the sitting room while I recorded the "Delete from Media" macro in the study!

Thanks again,

Neville

Last edited:
Hi

Still getting E-ID

Any ideas

Thanks

Hi all,
just registered but long time reader.

I have exactly the same problem as paragons (E-ID). I have been using raydon's excellent package ever since it was originally released and never had an installation problem - till 4.0.8.

I have tried all the sources suggested above but without success. Using the same usb stick I can successfully install 4.0.7, then overwrite with 1.00.21 using manual OTA update but whatever base I start from 4.0.8 just gives me E-ID.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I could stick with 4.0.7 temporarily but am not sure if I can prevent nightly housekeeping from overwriting it.

Hi all,
just registered but long time reader.

I have exactly the same problem as paragons (E-ID). I have been using raydon's excellent package ever since it was originally released and never had an installation problem - till 4.0.8.

I have tried all the sources suggested above but without success. Using the same usb stick I can successfully install 4.0.7, then overwrite with 1.00.21 using manual OTA update but whatever base I start from 4.0.8 just gives me E-ID.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received. I could stick with 4.0.7 temporarily but am not sure if I can prevent nightly housekeeping from overwriting it.

Try reformatting your usb stick and only have the update file on it. The My Humax source worked fine for me.

O.K. For the benefit of the one or two of you who are experiencing problems with their 4.0.8 upgrade I've attached the hdf only to this post as a multipart rar archive. Just dowload all the parts to a folder on your PC then open part one with WinRAR. The hdf will be listed, and can be unpacked as normal. If you still experience problems after this then you need to look elsewhere for a solution. I know it works because I have downloaded this multipart rar myself and flashed my HDR with it just to be 100% sure.
PLEASE NOTE
Bandwidth resources here are not unlimited so please do NOT download from here unless you have already experienced problems flashing with the firmware downloaded from the regular link.
Admins: If you feel this is being abused please feel free to take down this post. I understand entirely.

Attachments

• FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part01.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 104
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part02.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 92
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part03.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 92
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part04.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 97
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part05.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 90
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part06.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 93
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part07.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 78
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part08.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 91
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part09.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 89
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part10.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 88
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part11.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 87
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part12.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 94
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part13.rar
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part14.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 87
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part15.rar
    488.3 KB · Views: 96
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part16.rar
  • FOXSAT-HDR_upgrade.part17.rar
    324.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Hi everyone i'm at my wits end and really need some advice. Ive installed the latest cfw everything works fine except for love nor money I can't get the web interface to work. All i get is page cannot be displayed. The box shows up in my network and I can access all the files, I can use telnet just no show on the web interface. The previous cfw all was fine this has only happened on the latest update. Ive installed the latest update 3 times now and no difference, any advice greatly appreciated

Hi everyone i'm at my wits end and really need some advice. Ive installed the latest cfw everything works fine except for love nor money I can't get the web interface to work. All i get is page cannot be displayed. The box shows up in my network and I can access all the files, I can use telnet just no show on the web interface. The previous cfw all was fine this has only happened on the latest update. Ive installed the latest update 3 times now and no difference, any advice greatly appreciated
Telnet into your box and enter the service command to list running services. You will get a list like this:
Code:
Name                 Installed  Autostart  Running
----                 ---------  ---------  -------
telnet               Yes        Yes        Yes
dropbear             Yes        No         No
tinyftp              Yes        No         No
vsftpd               Yes        Yes        Yes
samba                Yes        Yes        Yes
mediatomb            Yes        No         No
twonkymedia          Yes        Yes        Yes
mongoose             Yes        Yes        Yes
inadyn               No         No         No
Syntax:
        service start <service>
        service stop <service>
        service toggle <service>        (toggles service state)
        service auto <service>          (toggles autostart)
If mongoose Autostart is turned off then enter
service auto mongoose
and then
service start mongoose
Then try accessing the web interface again.

Code:
Foxsat-HDR~# service
Name                 Installed  Autostart  Running
----                 ---------  ---------  -------
telnet               Yes        Yes        Yes
dropbear             No         No         No
tinyftp              No         No         No
vsftpd               Yes        No         No
samba                Yes        Yes        Yes
mediatomb            Yes        Yes        Yes
twonkymedia          No         No         No
mongoose             Yes        No         No
inadyn               No         No         No
Syntax:
        service start <service>
        service stop <service>
        service toggle <service>        (toggles service state)
        service auto <service>          (toggles autostart)
Foxsat-HDR~#
Foxsat-HDR~# service auto mongoose
Enabling auto-start for mongoose
Foxsat-HDR~#
Foxsat-HDR~# service start mongoose
Starting mongoose...
Done.
Foxsat-HDR~#
Foxsat-HDR~# Loading config file /opt/etc/mongoose.conf
Mongoose web server v.3.0 started on port(s) 80,777 with web root [/opt/var/mong
oose/html,/media=/media,/cgi-bin=/opt/var/mongoose/cgi-bin,/images=/opt/var/mong
oose/html/img,/docs=/opt/share/html,/plugin=/opt/var/mongoose/plugin]

Many thanks Raydon that sorted it just strange how wasnt set to autostart also i'll take this oppertunity to thank yourself and all your collegues for all your hard work in making the humax what it is today :)

O.K. For the benefit of the one or two of you who are experiencing problems with their 4.0.8 upgrade I've attached the hdf only to this post as a multipart rar archive. Just dowload all the parts to a folder on your PC then open part one with WinRAR. The hdf will be listed, and can be unpacked as normal. If you still experience problems after this then you need to look elsewhere for a solution. I know it works because I have downloaded this multipart rar myself and flashed my HDR with it just to be 100% sure.
PLEASE NOTE
Bandwidth resources here are not unlimited so please do NOT download from here unless you have already experienced problems flashing with the firmware downloaded from the regular link.
Admins: If you feel this is being abused please feel free to take down this post. I understand entirely.

Thanks very much raydon for the alternative source, it made no difference to the problem so I am sure previous downloads of hdf were probably all OK. This is reinforced by the fact that following Graham's advice, reformatting the USB stick (and then using a previous downloaded 4.0.8 hdf) solved the problem and 4.0.8 is now up and running. Many thanks to both of you.

Thanks very much raydon for the alternative source, it made no difference to the problem so I am sure previous downloads of hdf were probably all OK. This is reinforced by the fact that following Graham's advice, reformatting the USB stick (and then using a previous downloaded 4.0.8 hdf) solved the problem and 4.0.8 is now up and running. Many thanks to both of you.

Ok see my previous post - what systm ID do you show in > setup >system > diag > is it 3768?

Ok see my previous post - what systm ID do you show in > setup >system > diag > is it 3768?
reformatting the USB stick (and then using a previous downloaded 4.0.8 hdf) solved the problem

It must be 3768.0000 otherwise the firmware would not have flashed successfully.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom