Media & File Server Bundle for the Foxsat HDR - Release 4,0 - PART 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raydon,

I changed the 'hosts allowed entry' from 192.168.0.0/255.255.0.0 to 192.168. and it's working
Thanks twosheds, I did tidy up the hosts allowed entry as it was a bit long winded. Thought it was working OK but obviously not. Will check this out and post an update to the repository. Use the Update package list from Internet button on the package management page tomorrow. If I've uploaded the fix by then it will appear under the Upgrades tab. I think I will just revert to the old hosts allowed entry. It may be long winded but at least it works !

Last edited:
Well from a MAC running Lion you can't connect via SMB but that was the case with the previous version. I believe that is due to Lion having implemented their own version of the SMB client.
Correct, problem with Apple using GPL licensed software on a commercial product.
However, I can't see my external USB drive now whether connected to the front or back port. The foxsat-hdr detects that it is connected but it doesn't appear on the on screen menu so I can't select it. When browsing through Telnet I cannot see that it is mounted either.
Everything else went fine though.
Well spotted Martin, a bug had crept in when changing the USB install method from tar.gz installers to .opk packages. Bugfix release v4.0.1 available on the same link. Sorry, but it will require a reflash.

Got a copy of the new line from 'twosheds' and inserted it into my modded file and it works now.

Ta!

Paul,

If you haven't already read it, read post #31 from Raydon. There's a new package to fix the problem with USB. It works for me.

Did you delete the /255.255.0.0 as well?
Repository updated, just upgrade using the procedure outlined above to get the fix for samba.
That seems to that so I'm off to bed.

Last edited:
All I can say is WOW what a update, worked perfect without any problems at all, love the ability to update via web browser massive thanks yet again, jaw dropping - think its a great idea the other threads being closed hopefully the mods can do this.

Paul, can you try reverting to the smb.conf from the v3.0 release. You should be able to extract it from the old tar.gz installer for samba. Just back up the v4.0 smb.conf first. This file is the only thing that has changed in the samba installation so let me know how you get on.
REPASSAC: Have you installed v4.0 yet ? If yes, what results do you get with samba ?

Yes - everything including Samba running fine. (Windows 7)

Hi Raydon,

Update fixes the problem, access direct from Win 7 now.

Unfortunately still cannot access the external USB drive!

Thanks Raydon for all your work and to everybody else involved.

The applications I have installed are working OK, but problems when I install, remove etc. an error box displays: [object Error]. When I click OK the Package Management Results window displays with "Processing request..." This keeps going and after several minutes I eventually click Close. The applications are installed and working. The web interface pages will not update until I close the browser and restart it.

I am using Windows 7 with IE9.

Hi Raydon,

Update fixes the problem, access direct from Win 7 now.

Unfortunately still cannot access the external USB drive!
Have you redownload the bundle and reflashed the box with the bugfix v4.0.1 firmware ?

Thanks Raydon for all your work and to everybody else involved.

The applications I have installed are working OK, but problems when I install, remove etc. an error box displays: [object Error]. When I click OK the Package Management Results window displays with "Processing request..." This keeps going and after several minutes I eventually click Close. The applications are installed and working. The web interface pages will not update until I close the browser and restart it.

I am using Windows 7 with IE9.

I get the same with IE9 (I notice that it was running in quirks mode - I changed to standards) - This also effects the layout a bit for the better - adds rounded corners - a doctype will fix that - however it then does throw an error a few times "The data necessary to complete the operation is not yet available", but it then completes normally.

Last edited:
Have you redownload the bundle and reflashed the box with the bugfix v4.0.1 firmware ?

Hi raydon, great work btw, but the 4.0.1 still won't work with USBs as it stands , however on my system I reloaded my old scripts (homemade) they are shown below, they will mount all USB disks and in my case one of the disk's partition is NTFS
they are here if anyone is interested

/opt/etc/init.d/S49USB
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# If start option, then spawn background script and exit.

case "$1" in
    start)
        . /opt/etc/init.d/USBdisks.sh&
        ;;
    restart)
        . /opt/etc/init.d/USBdisks.sh&
        ;;
    stop)
        exit 0
        ;;
    *)
        exit 1
        ;;
esac
/opt/etc/init.d/USBdisks.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
log=/tmp/USBdisks
sleep 20
echo `date`  Invoking $0 >> $log
fdisk -l | grep /dev/sd | grep -v "Disk /dev" | while read disk rubbish
    do
        mountpoint=`basename $disk`
    if [[ -d /media/$mountpoint ]] ;then echo OK /media/$mountpoint already exists >> $log 2>&1
    else echo making directory /media/$mountpoint >> $log 2>&1
      mkdir /media/$mountpoint >> $log 2>&1
    fi
         echo mounting $disk /media/$mountpoint >> $log 2>&1
         mount -o rw $disk /media/$mountpoint >> $log 2>&1
       done
exit 0

Edited missed the sleep line .....

Last edited:
Raydon,

Many thanks for all your time and effort on this - really impressive!

Just as a confirmation - HDR installation via web package download worked fine and tested vsftp, samba, telnet with 4.0.1 firmware - all OK. Using Linux Ubuntu 10.04 and Firefox 6.0.2 for linux on desktop machine.

All sorted now thanks.:smashin:

I must echo everyone else, this is an awesome package for the HDR. Thank you raydon (and all those who contributed).:clap:

I get the same with IE9 (I notice that it was running in quirks mode - I changed to standards) - This also effects the layout a bit for the better - adds rounded corners - a doctype will fix that
Thanks David, I use a proper browser (Firefox) all the time. Didn't allow for the foibles of Internet Exploder. You're right, a <!DOCTYPE html> placed in the header does fix the appearance.
however it then does throw an error a few times "The data necessary to complete the operation is not yet available", but it then completes normally.
Will need to look into this. In the meantime can I suggest that users install Firefox, even if they use it solely to access the HDR.

Will need to look into this. In the meantime can I suggest that users install Firefox, even if they use it solely to access the HDR.
I would guess that problem relates to a javascript reference into the object model - I will see if I can spot it later.
Will check out Chrome also.

Raydon,

Excellent package. I loaded v3 yesterday but v4 is a massive step up...

Could I ask for some advice, with apologies if this has already been dealt with or I've missed something obvious.

I'm unable to play the .ts files of HD material once I transfer them to my computer... I'm using the latest version of VLC on my iMac... SD recordings play fine and I'm also able to stream them to my iPad.

If I cant play them, can someone recommend an OS X package to convert these files into a format that will work...??

Thanks in advance.

I'm unable to play the .ts files of HD material once I transfer them to my computer

Indeed - in freesat mode on the HDR the HD recordings are encrypted and so they can only be played on the HDR machine itself (by design).

If you switch the HDR to non-freesat mode then you can record HD channels without encryption (and transfer to your PC). But you then miss the freesat advantages of EPG, scheduled recording, series recording etc.

Hi great update well done ,sorry if im missing something .The recorded files on the foxsat hdr wont play from windows explorer.But the live buffer plays no bother ,am I missing something .I use vlc player

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom