Media directory sort order

Steve Tustin

Standard Member
Reaction score
TV is a UK6750PLD (webOS) I watch movies over my home network that are stored on a network disk. But the listing on the LG media directory on the screen does not always sort alphabetically - it looks fine via Windows 10 file explorer.

Driving me mad as I sometimes have to spend an age scrolling through to find what I want. Anybody else have the same issue? Ta

DLNA is a database so it doesn't actually display file/folders, the media server your using may be reading metadata from the files which is why it doesn't order them correctly.

What NAS do you have ?

Thanks for the reply. I am using a single bay 3TB Personal Cloud (NTFS) If I do right click/properties it says " The permissions are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective" Not sure if that is connected?

On a side note, we sometimes get up to the TV being on (was blaming the cat playing with the remote, but have now excluded that!) Any thoughts on that too?

Thanks so much

Is the TV linked to a pvr?I found mine was doing that when the pvr received updates to either the EPG or software overnight.

Is the TV linked to a pvr?I found mine was doing that when the pvr received updates to either the EPG or software overnight.

I have a YouView STB and am a beta-tester for TalkTalk so get more firmware updates than most - may well be the issue. Many thanks!

P.S. Any thoughts on the file sort order? Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I am using a single bay 3TB Personal Cloud (NTFS) If I do right click/properties it says " The permissions are incorrectly ordered, which may cause some entries to be ineffective" Not sure if that is connected?

On a side note, we sometimes get up to the TV being on (was blaming the cat playing with the remote, but have now excluded that!) Any thoughts on that too?

Thanks so much

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much, is there a brand and model number associated with this device ?

The NAS must be running a DLNA media server, does it offer any settings or controls over this ?

If you cannot see anything it might be a twonky server running on the NAS try typing in the IP of the NAS into your web browser like below as example
192.168.1.32:9000
192.168.1.32:9001

Twonky uses port 9000 or thereabouts on some NAS, it might get you access to its control panel.

Unfortunately that doesn't tell me much, is there a brand and model number associated with this device ?

The NAS must be running a DLNA media server, does it offer any settings or controls over this ?

If you cannot see anything it might be a twonky server running on the NAS try typing in the IP of the NAS into your web browser like below as example
192.168.1.32:9000
192.168.1.32:9001

Twonky uses port 9000 or thereabouts on some NAS, it might get you access to its control panel.
Apologies - link is Personal Cloud Hard Drive | Seagate Support UK

Many thanks for any assistance

Apologies - link is Personal Cloud Hard Drive | Seagate Support UK

Many thanks for any assistance
The info I can find seems to imply that
1) There are essentially no controls over DLNA in Seagate control panel.
2) Seagate used to use Twonky but may have replaced it with SCSS or rebranded it.

You could try and see if it still uses Twonky behind the scenes by following my IP suggestion.

Does the SCSS have a "Folder" section when browsing from TV, are the files still out of order when using that ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom