• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Media Centre Stopped Working - Need Help!

moz414

Just when I thought I'd got my new rig up and running meida centre stops working. When I try to start it I just get a message saying that a program has caused it to close and will look for a solution but nothing else happens. I've looked in the events and there's nothing untoward in there and I also tried a system restore but this didn't work. Any ideas before I go off and re-install it all again?

bagg3rs

you could try creating another user account, it maybe a profile issue?

moz414

you could try creating another user account, it maybe a profile issue?

Tried that and it diidn't work either. Found a post from someone who said he had the same problem and it was to do with the WHS connector software but I've tried removing it but no joy. Never come across this problem before and it was all working on my other HTPC.

TKK

Standard Member
Sorry to say that I had the same problem a week or so ago and I ended up having to reinstall (system restore failed on every restore point!). Luckily I'm still in the setup/test stage so it didn't really bother me all that much.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom