Media centre remotes

Amit_Desai

Hi all

I want to turn my pc into a htpc.

I want to install media centre on it and use my harmony remote on it. Do I need to buy an MS IR receiver or will any IR receiver work?

Also do you need to run any software to interoperate the IR commands or is it built into media centre?

Cheers
Amit

jinky32

to turn pc to htpc you'll need a tv card. the hauppauge pvr150 mce is pretty popular and comes with remote and ir receiver

Amit_Desai

I am not bothered about a tv card as I have sky+ for pvr duties.. only want to use the mce box for movies and audio.

The barebones case has an inbuilt serial IR port like you get on laptops but nore sure if this will work with an MCE remote.

I already have a harmony remote which has all the MCE remote codes stored in it.

Amit

DNWILLIAMS

I have a HTPC but don't have a tv card installed as I also have sky+,
You could buy the MCE remote and ir receiver or if you changed your case some of the dedicates HTPC cases come with the imon setup, I have the mce one and the imon one but my philips pronto accepted the MCE codes better than the imon one, and it works ok, although to be honest I have a great wireless keyboard with a mouse touchpad (similar to a laptop) and thats just easier for navigating the pc

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom