1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Media Centre Remote Control

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by helpneeded, Sep 9, 2005.

1. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi People,

Firstly, can I apologise in advance if this topic has already been covered, though I could not see a thread on the first couple of pages regarding this.

My Mom has just bought a Media Centre Laptop, which has come with the Media Centre remote control.

I was just wondering if I could use the remote with my laptop, which runs standard XP Home. I have an IR window on the front of my laptop, which i think could receive the IR signal, but do I need any software to allow me to use the remote like on XP Media Centre.

Also on the subject of Media Centre remotes, is there any difference between the small remote (which is just slightly bigger than a credit card) and the normal sized remote (which is similar size to most VCR remotes).

I notice the larger remote has number buttons on it - does they purely act as channel change buttons, or do have have other functions?!?!

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated!

:hiya:

2. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Bump! And up we go!

C'mon, someone gotta know something!

3. av_wizard

av_wizard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    media center laptop.. media center remote..

explain your software and make.