1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

media centre Plasma connection

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by bonzo71, Oct 14, 2005.

1. bonzo71

bonzo71

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wonder if someone can help me! I have set up my media centre with AMD 2600, Gigabyte mobo, wd 200GB hd, ati sapphire tv card and ati radeon 9200se(omega drivers).
    It works fine on the computer screen but I cant connect it to the Hitachi PD3000 I have in my living room.
    Question is, is it possible to connect to the screen directly with an s vga cable (or any similar cable) without using the AV controller box that comes with it?

The AV box has an RGB connection at the back for pc's. Is that type of a connection good? What do most people do when it comes to connecting pc to plasma screens?. This was just an experiment. I would like to get rid of all other av equipment eventually and invest in queiter and better looking all in one system. Many thanks in anticipation. :thumbsup:

2. TheCrow

TheCrow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I don't know your screen but from a brief Google I see it has a VGA input this would be the best connection, unless it has a DVI as well.

To get the PC to work with your plasma via VGA you need to check the screens specs' to see what resolution and refresh rate it will accept via this input.

I see the native res' is 1,024 x 852 (not a standard PC res' AFAIK)
    Maybe it will accept 1024x768@60Hz?

If you cannot find a standard PC res' there is a utility call Powerstrip that can force non-standard resolutions and refresh rates. Also useful for getting the best pixel to pixel match for highest quality.

Good Luck