Media Centre or XBOX 360

jasmine200400

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm wanting some advice off you good people on which way to go. I have at the moment, an xbox, a modestly specified media centre and a high definition plasma display. I'm wanting to upgrade my gaming capabilities but unsure where to spend my money. Would a decent spec PC perform as well as an xbox 360? Would the game produced in PC CDROM format be as good as one produced for the 360 format?
My media centre is hooked up to my plasma via a DVI to HDMI cable, and the specs are SKT939 AMD 3000+(venice core), 512MB ram and a modest ATI 9550 graphics card (AGP).
I would prefer to upgrade the media centre as i have a built in kind of set up and the addition of another box and input cables would be a bit of a hassle.
For the price of the 360 i could get a decent Graphics card and a couple of sticks of RAM, what would be the ideal specs?

I'll try to be brief:

The 360 is a great machine for gaming, as long as you prefer console games to PC games. IMO you will get more years out of a 360 than you will out of a new graphics card and some RAM, and you won't have to upgrade again in another year or so ... ;-)

The 360 is also a Media Center Extender, so if your Media Center PC is not in the living room right now, it will help bring the content to your TV.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom